Cabela's - Ironic

D

Deadduck

It seems a little ironic, that the site that Cabela's is building on, was home to a herd of wintering elk, last year.
More and more winter range being transfered to homes and developments.

Yes, and it seems ironic that there is more Elk in the U.S. in 2004 than there was in 1904. With good management you can have both.

If cabelas didn't come then a couple hundred houses or a supper store of some sort would build there and it would still be developed, I for one would rather see the cabelas take that peice of ground than something else.

DeadI

I hardly believe that where Cabelas is going it will "hurt" winter range much. It is clear to the west end of the mountain. I am glad to see them here. It will be fun to have this monster so close. Maybe they will jump aboard the local hunting scene and be a great corporate sponsor of our sport.

Winter range problems, in my opinion, are happening east of there. The homes on top of Traverse Mountain and the new Suncrest development are a concern in terms of winter range.

I'm in agreeement with deadI. Growth is bound to happen and if it does I'd rather see a big building than hundreds of houses, and it is good for the local economy.

What is really ironic is that Sportsman prefere to bicker about a few $ rather than support conservation to protect winter range and other habitat.

BeanMan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom