Cabelas is comint to Utah.

400bull

Very Active Member
My wife just called me and said that KSL 1160 said that Cabelas has made the desition to build a new store in Lehi Utah. I guess my boss and I will need to sit down and do a little talken to see how I am going to get that raise to support my new hobby.

400bull

RE: Cabelas is coming to Utah.

I'll definitely want to check out the Cabelas store too when it gets built. But I won't forget about Sportsman's Warehouse, home grown right here in Utah.

Xman

As soon as the store opens, you'll have to start paying sales tax on all catalog / internet orders.

Very true. I've also noticed through the years that Cablas' prices have creeped up. Sportsman's Warehouse is getting most of my outdoor gear purchases.

X

>As soon as the store opens,
>you'll have to start paying
>sales tax on all catalog
>/ internet orders.

But you wont be paying shipping charges any more.

-DallanC

I welcome it; as home-grown as the Warehouse is, there are maybe a couple times I've gone in there without getting royally pissed off. The customer service sucks, and half the time they are out of a product and have no idea when it will be coming in.

Case in point-went there yesterday, a thousand bones in hand to purchase a GPS and spotting scope. I had to actually hunt down 3 different people to get some sales assistance, and of those 3, none of them knew a damn thing about optics. Finally got a guy who was supposed to work that area, and since I didn't see the scope I wanted in the display case, asked him if they didn't carry it anymore. He looks into the case, says "oh, I guess we sold out of them". Then he didn't have any idea what I was talking about when I asked him if the SW carried the Etrex Vista performance package. He couldn't tell me when, if anytime, they would have these items.

So I went back to bank, redeposited the money, went right home and ordered the same stuff in 2 minutes from a website, you guessed it-Cabela's!! At least with Cabela's, the folks know their products, have it in and bend over backwards for you as a customer.

You would think less than one week from an major opener, a big sporting goods store would make sure it is stocked.

*snif* Hey, is that fall I smell in the air?

Pred

I've not ever experienced poor customer service from Sportsman's. Quite the opposite.

X

I for one am stoked that we will have a Cabelas here in UT. I will definately be shopping down there instead of Sports Warehouse.
>>>------>Sixgunn<------<<<

BTW, Pred, I think I smell fall as well! Nothing better than fall! 4 days and I will be on the mountain to start the bowhunt, yippeeee!
>>>------>Sixgunn<------<<<

Perdator,

I hear you on that one. I have gone downt to Sportsman Warehouse and waited the better part of a half hour for some one to help out with the perchase of a new gun for my wife. After I finally got some help the sales man tried talking me into get a 300 WSM for my wife. What the hell was he thinken? My wive does not weigh an once over 125 lbs. The kick form the gun would have turned her off of hunting all together. Needless to say I went up to Gunnies and bought her the 243 Browning Madaline for 20.00 less then they had it at Sportsmans.

400bull

DallanC

Right now, when you order from Cabelas, you don't pay tax because they don't have a store in your state.

When the store opens, you'll have to pay salestax and shipping on all catalog and internet orders.

I have experienced the poor customer service as well. Noone in there knows anything and they act put out if you ask them to check on something for you. The guys at the gun counter are the worst I thought I was going to have to pull one of them over the counter one day and teach him some manners. My dollars will be spent at Cabelas.

>DallanC
>
>Right now, when you order from
>Cabelas, you don't pay tax
>because they don't have a
>store in your state.

Correct.

>When the store opens, you'll have
>to pay salestax and shipping
>on all catalog and internet
>orders.

Ummm this new store will be like 10 minutes from my house. I wont be paying ANY shipping as I'll just walk in and buy what I need. Historically I pay more in shipping costs than I save from taxes.

-DallanC

Don't get too excited just yet, I heard the same story and they said that the store is still at least 2 years out.
As far as customer service in Sportsman's, I couldn't agree more. Unless it is on the shelf so I can grab it myself, I try my hardest not to even go in there. If the customer service at the Utah Cabelas is anything like what I got from the Sydney store, it will be a welcome change.

Rut

Cabelas is nothing compared to the Olympics coming to the state, and to be honest with you I haven't seen many people from Zimbabwae(sp) hunting in my areas since the games ended. I say the Utah County economy can use all the help in can get, as well as the boost it will bring to the entire state. I for one would gladly deal with a couple of more people fishing the Provo River over what happens at SW.

Rut

Yipee!

Less than a mile away too!

Get the damn highway built from Cabela's to the new Lehi Jr. High! Right past my place!

Increase my property value!

Then, I can get out of this godforsaken, people infested, subdivision buidin', rathole!

I've have nothing but good to say about S.W, The service that I have got from them has been as good as any that i have got from cabelas, The only problem that I have had with them is that some of their employees think that they are gods gift to the hunting world because they work there and that they above all of us....
I would compare my hunting room to theirs anyday....

Maybe they could mount all the dead deer that die trying to eat the pavement in their parking lot, instead of paying all that money for the mounts that they are going to display. The Traverse Mountain development is, in my opinion, the most destructive project being undertaken right now in Utah, and Cabela's is moving right in to anchor it. At least Micron will no longer be the "Hub of Northern Utah County Sprawl", Cabela's will easily take that title away.

Yes that will effect my decision whether or not to shop there. If I had known this last year, I wouldn't have bought my spotting scope from their catalog, either.

I live 5 miles from there, and I cant wait. I hope bolth sportsmans stores goes ##### up. most of their salesman act like your stupid and wasting their time. the only times I have felt like buying anything from them, is when I dont have to talk with a salesman. One time they even insulted my wife, when she was Christmas shopping, She had found me a duck hunting coat at parks sportsman for 50 dollars less than the wharehouse but they didnt have any large sizes, So she asked if they price matched? and the manager told her no we dont have to. and started helping the customer behind her.

PRED

I HERE YA!!!

WHEN SW HAD ONE STORE IN THE STATE THEY WERE A HELL OF ALOT BETTER AND PRICES WERE DOWN WHERE THEY'D LET ME THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR A TIME OR TWO A YEAR!!!(THIS WILL PI$$ SOMEBODY OFF,IT'S JUST MY OPPINION,I STILL LIVE IN AMERICA RIGHT???)

YOU EVER NOTICED WHEN A BUSINESS EXPANDS AND GETS BIGGER THINGS START CHANGING REAL FAST???

FOR ONE THING,I DON'T LIKE SOME LITTLE SMART-A$$ PUNK TELLING ME WHAT I WANT,AND I'M WITH PRED,I'M NOT BUYING THAT:OH,WE JUST SOLD THE LAST ONE 5 MINUTES AGO!!!

I DID HAVE ONE SW GAL ASK ME IF SHE COULD HELP ME AND I WAS THINKING,YA,IF I WAS YOUNGER AND NOT MARRIED AND NO KIDS AND NOT BUSTED UP ETC.,YA YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP THIS OLE CAT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING WHAT IT FEELS LIKE WALKING INTO CABELA'S AND SHOPPING LIKE A WOMAN IN A WALMART???

LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-04 AT 10:24PM (MST)[p]PINENUT,
That is a tired argument, if it wasn't Cabelas it would be a subdivision or Super Something store. What about all the house that are already built between where Cabelas is going to go and the mountains??
As far as your comment that if you would have known they were going to build there you wouldn't have bought your spotting scope from their catalog last year, HAHA give me a break. Do you live in a cave or do you just not follow the news?? This thing wasn't just decided this morning.
Your self-righteous attitude is sickening!

OUT!

400 bull;

Is this confirmed about Cabelas building a store in the SLC area. The reason I am asking is that my wife spoke to their person, in charge of procurring mounted heads for their stores, and he informed her that there was no plans to build a store in the area of SLC. He stated that they were building a store in Florida and were trying to collect mounted heads for that store.
My Wife and I want to donate my Father-in-laws mounted heads since he passed away and would be pleased to have his heads on display where it could be viewed by the public. Several of the heads made B&C book and several more were very close to making the book. Let me know if this can be confirmed, if so, we will wait to donate the heads so that they can go to the store in Utal.

Oh Yea! Mr. Baitfish you are in great "DOO-DOO" with Predator with that Fart joke concerning the smell of fall in the air. Do not cry when she nails you for speeding, that will teach you to interrupt her dreams about "fall in the air" and hunting just around the corner.

RELH

400 Bull;

My error, the Cabelas employee told my wife that a store was being built in W.Virginia, not Florida as I stated in my previous forum.

RELH

400 Bull
Yes they are building here in Utah, not in SLC but in Lehi.

I for one am stoked on the idea, yea you will have to pay sales tax and shiping on the internet, but then again you don't have to if you don't want to because it is right down the street. I don't think any harm can come from this, Like said earlier I would much rather have Cabelas than some other supper store like another freaking wallmart or grocery store, or even and bunch more homes, at least this will be something us hunters will be able to enjoy, who wants to look at more housing. It will also give sportsmans some compitition, they have had a monopoly on the sporting goods here in the west, maybe will will see a little better promotions and price drops.

DeadI

Yes it is official!!They are going to open in September of next year and will be breaking ground any day. They are going to build something there so it might as well be an awesome store like cabela's. Even if you don't like their prices, the place is like hunters disneyland. Bye Bye sportsmans.........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom