Cabelas

2lumpy

Long Time Member
For many years I purchased this shirt from Cabelas, it wore well, washed well, was mostly wrinkle free and I really like the fit. Bass Pro discontinued them early after the acquisition. I called numerous people at Bass Pro to see if anyone knew who made them for Cabelas, to know avail.

I’ve now completely wore through my old stock.

I’ve tried, over the years to find a similar product at numerous outdoor garment outlets like L.L. Bean, Eddie Bower, Land’s End and other shirt outlets. To no avail.

I have to believe, as popular as these shirts used to be, that other MM members have found a good replacement or even found a new retail business that sells the Cabelas shirt under a different name.

If anyone has found a new source or a shirt of similar quality, I sure would appreciate knowing where I can order some. Here are few of the kinds shirts I’m trying to find.

Thanks for your assistance.

9000476F-77D6-49A2-8913-E1AFF429C8A9.jpeg

A0F21CAC-3031-499C-B8A7-485C68C3F899.jpeg

8DA05573-8D89-457A-9B41-C109EA694CE3.jpeg

Next time I’m in Sandy I’ll stop by the Duluth store and take a look.

Regarding Carhart, I’ve tried some of their pull overs, they are okay but I think some of there competitors make as good a product at significantly lower cost. But.... I’ll take another look at their shirts.

Thanks folks.

I have some shirts I bought at Cabelas a few years ago that are great shirts. I wish I could find them again. Since Bass pro took over their shirts are overpriced junk.

I agree. Quality products cost more. I’m completely okay with that.

Like you, expensive trash makes me grumpy. It gives me cause to avoid their over all product line.

I was in Sportsman's Warehouse last week, it looks like many of their products are starting to be replace with the Bass Pro line.

Not good, from my perspective.

Hence, my inquiry. If enough of us share info, we may be able to find some alternative sources.

I’m not suggesting boycotting Bass Pro nor suggesting anyone else boycott them. A Browning rifle is a Browning rifle, regardless where you purchase it. Bass Pro has every right to operate their business as they see fit and everybody has the same right to buy from them as well. My point is, they don’t sell what I want and I’m simply hoping to find someone, somewhere that does.

If you have a Costco, they have different clothing items and it seems like they rotate them fairly often. I don't pay much attention and I think I bought a wind breaker there once.

If you're in there anyway, you might take note.

I’ve been grinding away on this all day and some long forgotten memories are starting to come back.

Thirty years or so ago I used to buy Arrow and Van Heusan shirts that were Cotton. They weren’t as wrinkle free as the Cabelas shirts but they weren’t too bad. I haven’t seen or even looked for them since I started buying the Cabelas brand. I just checked to see if either were still in business and to my surprise, they both are. I looked at some of their cotton twill wrinkle free stuff and looks kind of promising.

Has anybody bought either in recent years? I may order a couple and see if they work.

I have an IZOD one that I like. I got it from Kohl’s big and tall section a couple years ago. I think IZOD and Van Heusen are from the same parent company.

I really like the Stanford Travel shirts from JCPenney they are a 60 cotton 40 poly blend though and it doesn’t look like they have the cool colors and designs like they did 5 years ago when I bought a bunch of them.

I’ve never tried the Ariat long sleeve pro shirts but I think Smith and Edwards sells a lot of them

Good luck. It’s a bummer when good things disappear

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom