Cabin Rental Colorado Unit 61 and 62

Zman970

Cabin rental available for 2021 Archery through 3Rd Rife seasons.
Cabin is located in Unit 61 with access to Unit 62 . All you need are personal items .
Elk & Mule Deer, Turkey, all abundant around cabin.
Contact Larry 970-589-6930

Muzzle 2020 Unit 61

IMG954770.jpg

That was taken by a friend who snowmobiles 2 years ago, I can't find my summer photos, guess i will have to take some more

Kerry, i have different rates for depending on which season and how many days you want to rent. Typically for any rifle season 7- 10 days i charge $1250.00/ person. Archery i only allow 10 days and the first special rifle which is a 5 day i charge $1100.00/person. Cabin is fully set up to stay in. You have everything you need except for your food, sleeping gear, personal items. Cabin has running water (except where temps too cold for water lines, etc.) Hot showers, full kitchen with refrigerator , 2 sinks, stove, microwave, 4 chair dinner table, bathroom has toilet, sink, hair dryer etc. 3 beds in one room, 2 beds in second room , 1 bed in third room and a fold out bed in living room. I will come up and refill 200 gallon water tank every 4 days or so and can bring any items you need like extra fuel.

Cabin -Spring 2019.jpg

Kerry, i have different rates for depending on which season and how many days you want to rent. Typically for any rifle season 7- 10 days i charge $1250.00/ person. Archery i only allow 10 days and the first special rifle which is a 5 day i charge $1100.00/person. Cabin is fully set up to stay in. You have everything you need except for your food, sleeping gear, personal items. Cabin has running water (except where temps too cold for water lines, etc.) Hot showers, full kitchen with refrigerator , 2 sinks, stove, microwave, 4 chair dinner table, bathroom has toilet, sink, hair dryer etc. 3 beds in one room, 2 beds in second room , 1 bed in third room and a fold out bed in living room. I will come up and refill 200 gallon water tank every 4 days or so and can bring any items you need like extra fuel.

View attachment 19437
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;):ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;):ROFLMAO:
Kerry, i have different rates for depending on which season and how many days you want to rent. Typically for any rifle season 7- 10 days i charge $1250.00/ person. Archery i only allow 10 days and the first special rifle which is a 5 day i charge $1100.00/person. Cabin is fully set up to stay in. You have everything you need except for your food, sleeping gear, personal items. Cabin has running water (except where temps too cold for water lines, etc.) Hot showers, full kitchen with refrigerator , 2 sinks, stove, microwave, 4 chair dinner table, bathroom has toilet, sink, hair dryer etc. 3 beds in one room, 2 beds in second room , 1 bed in third room and a fold out bed in living room. I will come up and refill 200 gallon water tank every 4 days or so and can bring any items
I’ll send u a check for 1750 tommorow, 3 guys 3rd season, if not it’s cheaper at the hotel and get clean sheets every day !!!! Cool place though

I’ll send u a check for 1750 tommorow, 3 guys 3rd season, if not it’s cheaper at the hotel and get clean sheets every day !!!! Cool place though
Ha Ha , Closest hotel is at least 1 hour drive and may be more depending on weather .

Okay, i was a committee member for 15 years and quit , just no time and ambition anymore. If i can retire i may join back up.

It’s not my cabin and I have never hunted 61, even so that is a tough question to answer for anyone because it varies from year to year. You best bet is to look at success rates for the seasons for the last 3 years to get an idea

Historically any hunts during the rut with the weapon that reaches out the furthest would be the best. Hands down that means that the EARLY rifle would be your absolute best bet year end and year out.

Then, unless the first rifle falls very late (as it does next fall), I would rate it a tie between first rifle and muzzleloading season. Next fall because first rifle is so late, I give the nod to muzzleloading. Then comes archery and following that the the late rifle seasons. The later seasons are more weather dependent.

txhunter58, 61 has some advantages other units don't have. I have never had any of my hunters not shoot an elk except my son who was looking for a 380-400 class bull first rifle season which was 5 days long. He had plenty of opportunities to shoot a smaller bull. Success rates are very high in 61 unless a fire or some sort of bad weather prevents you from hunting.

I realize that. So from a pure "success rate" all seasons are going to look pretty good. But success rates are only a starting point of "when should I hunt?"

If you just want to kill a decent bull, then any season will work. As far as killing the biggest bull as possible (who doesn't want to do that?), I would stand by my recommendations above regardless of the unit. Which is why the points needed to draw a tag will pretty much mirror my rankings. I have no idea what his 21 points would draw. He can figure that out on his own.

Muzzle season and Second rifle season is full at this time, Still have 1st special rifle and first rifle season available as well as archery. Third season i will be up hunting , i drew a buck tag for 61 , anyone is welcome to join me.

Cabin is located in Unit 61 with access to Unit 62 . All you need are personal items .
Now taking reservations for 2022 season for area 61 , also summertime get away , hiking , relaxation, plenty of views . Mountain is 65 miles long, bring your UTVs and explore.

Do Yiu have any vouchers for sale?

Featured Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Urge 2 Hunt

Deer/Elk tags - DIY or guided for all species. Many guaranteed tags for trophy hunts.

West Texas Hunting

Private land free range hunts for native and exotic game on nearly 1 million acres in west Texas.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzz. and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

H & A Outfitters

Specializing in Trophy Bulls, Bucks, Rams, Bears, Lions & Others. Full Service and DIY Hunt Application Service

Sonora Outfitters

We hunt on some of the best ranches in Sonora - known for holding trophy Desert Bighorn Sheep and trophy Mule Deer.

Why Advertise Here?

* Lots of traffic, your ad will be seen!
* 30+ day ads for only $50.00!
* FREE for MonsterMuleys.com Advertisers
* Reach hunters around the world!
* Highly targeted, effective advertising!
* Submit $50.00 Payment ... CLICK HERE
Back
Top Bottom