Cajun Shrimp

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
I have been posting meals in the Campfire section because I had assumed this section was reserved for game, but apparently not. So from now on, here it will be.

Last night's fare was Cajun Shrimp w/linguini.

The sauce is a mixture of half-&-half (cream), kernel corn, chilpolte & jalapeno peppers, red onion, garlic & cilantro. The shrimp are first cooked in a crab boil, then added to the pot with the sauce along with the linguini, which is also cooked separate.

In the pot...

cajunshrimp.JPG

And on my plate....

cajunshrimp2.JPG

Looks wonderful, I’m sure it was great. Love to combine seafood and pasta
Me too. Here's one I did from scratch for the first time. I had posted it earlier in the other section.
I call it Frutti Di Mare Fra Diavolo. It was a lab experiment for me since I had never made it before. Ingredients include angel hair pasta, clams, mussels, bay scallops, shrimp, calamari, lobster & Jonah crab claws. The results were mostly good. The only thing wrong was my overzealous pursuit of the Diavolo part. Rather than red pepper flakes, I used the Huy Fong Chili/garlic paste. That would have been fine if I had used only one heaping tablespoon, but alas, I used two. I guess I was thinking if one is good, two must be better. :rolleyes: So while it was tasty, it was also a bit tangy. Still, my bride went back for 2nds & 3rds on the pasta.

diavolo1-jpg.jpg

diavolo-jpg.jpg

Fantastic. I love Linguini d’ Mare!!! Usually leave out the mussels and double either the clams or shrimp.

I used angel hair with that dish.

I've been eating mussels since I was little shaver on the east coast. Back there many of the pizza joints sold them. I often eat them as an appetizer with a tangy hot marinara sauce & crusty Italian bread to soak in the sauce. Like them better than cooked clams, but raw clams top the mussels.

Speaking of clams.

How would y’all feel about eating fresh water clams, if the creek runs through a pasture that has live stock in it. The fish are okay...... who about the clams?

Being filter feeders, i would make sure i cooked them well. You could probably put in clean cold water a couple days too, just in case

Thanks Blank. Excellent suggestion. There are some cautionary concerns on the internet but not many “how to” recommendations.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom