Calgary Stampede

Old Cowboy

Anybody watching the Stampede? What are your thoughts? I have watched the first 5 performances and I think it's probably there worst I have ever witnessed. When they have to give 5 or 6 re-rides because the stock did not perform it's BS. One bronc rider had two re- rides yesterday and still had a bad horse. Yesterday was probably the most uneven pen of steers I have seen. A cowboy drives a thousand miles, pays his entry fees and a half dozen other expenses to get there and his steer don't leave. That's BS. They ran a pen of untested steers yesterday. It's a damned drawing contest. It should be talent.

I've been watching it too. The saddle broncs the first performance really bucked but there's been several rerides since. Like you said it seems they're bucking lots of young horses. With the whole Covid mess and rodeos not taking place the horses and bulls have had a lot of time off. They paid ground money yesterday in the bull doggin and calf roping both which is extremely rare. You see it in the bull riding all the time but hardly ever in the times events. The jerkdown rule in the calf roping has resulted in lots of guys being flagged out.

I'm a big rodeo fan and used to compete in the PRCA myself. I have really enjoyed the rodeo coverage on the Cowboy Channel here lately.

The cowboy channel is a sister channel to RFD-TV. They are 231 and 232 on Dish tv. My favorite channels. They are currently doing 100 rodeos in 100 days. Hope you can find them.

The cowboy channel is a sister channel to RFD-TV. They are 231 and 232 on Dish tv. My favorite channels. They are currently doing 100 rodeos in 100 days. Hope you can find them.
I checked the COX web site and found out we do have it as channel 157 here in Phoenix. When I get to the TV in a while, I'll check it out.

I'm in if there's a cowgirl channel :ROFLMAO:
Well I located the channel on COX also at 1157 for HD. And.. for your edification, there were a few comely ladies taking part over the course of the night at various rodeos. I watched until they switched to ol' Roy Rogers & Lone Ranger reruns. :sleep:

Yes, they do use Roy and Tonto to fill in where needed. I don't watch the fill in stuff. I look at the schedule every morning and record the rodeos I want to watch and then watch them when I can. I don't think anyone said it was rodeo all day and night

Yes, they do use Roy and Tonto to fill in where needed. I don't watch the fill in stuff. I look at the schedule every morning and record the rodeos I want to watch and then watch them when I can. I don't think anyone said it was rodeo all day and night
Did you watch the Indian relay races last night?? They were a hoot.

rodeos are cruelty to animals so I do not watch them. Those poor horses and cows.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom