Caliente & Winnemuca

EVILNR

Very Active Member
Hello all, Just wanted to hear what I could about the two mentioned towns. Whats the hunting like?, schools,cost of living, housing, weather, amenities or lack of, distance to other towns, ...whatever you know. I live in a hell hole rat race place and looking to get out!!!!
thanks.

Never been to Caliente but winnemucca is live able if you can be a few hours removed. They have pretty much everything you need Walmart bigR and my favorite Basque restaurant The Martin House. They have a dodge and ford dealer to but not GM if I recall

Did the GM go out of business there as there use to be one in Winnemucca?

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Both have great deer hunting nearby. Winnemucca is much larger and is only 160 miles from Reno, while Caliente is tiny, but it's only about 120 miles from St. George, UT. Both about the same elevation 4,500', but Caliente is going to be much hotter.

Caliente does have elk nearby, though, while Winnemucca does not (unless you drive the 4 hours to the Jarbidge). They both have their charm and their drawbacks.

You would be lucky to find a place to live in Winnemucca right now the the gold mines going crazy. There are always houses to buy...but very expensive. And you dont have to drive clear to the Jarbidge to find elk, there are some alot closer then that. Ive only been to Calentie once, small, hot,i would pick Winnemucca over Calentie. But if i were looking to move it would be to Elko.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom