California Desert Sheep hunt 510

CAelknuts

Does anyone on here have information they’d be willing to share about the sheep hunt in the Newberry, Rodman and Ord Mountains? I drew the tag this year and am doing as much research as possible. Sambo here on MM has been very helpful, I’m just looking for as much information as possible from as many sources as possible.

Congrats on the tag. I know nothing about the unit. I’m sure you’ve been contacted by all the guides by now. Some will share info with you. You’ll learn a ton at the orientation. The biologist for the area will be a really good contact.

Lots of good folks here. Good luck on your hunt.

Does anyone on here have information they’d be willing to share about the sheep hunt in the Newberry, Rodman and Ord Mountains? I drew the tag this year and am doing as much research as possible. Sambo here on MM has been very helpful, I’m just looking for as much information as possible from as many sources as possible.
Congrats on your Newberry Sheep Tag. Please gives us a call at 760-408-7118. Terry Anderson with San Gorgonio Wilderness Outfitters will give you plenty of information on the Ord Newberry Unit. Call or text. There are some great mature rams in that unit. Even if you don’t want to hire a outfitter , give him a call he will help you. You could also contact Andrew at 909-260-4511. He also has a lot of useful information he would be willing to give you about your hunt.

Congratulations CA!
I'm sure you will make the best of this rare tag! I'm also hoping you will bring us along, like you did years ago with your Utah elk. That was the funnest read ever on MM!

Congratulations CA!
I'm sure you will make the best of this rare tag! I'm also hoping you will bring us along, like you did years ago with your Utah elk. That was the funnest read ever on MM!

I hadn’t given a thought to chronicling my hunt Like I did when I hunted the Monroe unit in Utah, but that might be fun to do again.
Yes, I’m going to make the most of this tag. Doing research now, going to make a scouting trip or two, have hired an outfitter whom I consider very good and setting aside as much time as needed to get a good ram. I’ll give some thought to doing what I did on Monroe. That was a good time.

I hadn’t given a thought to chronicling my hunt Like I did when I hunted the Monroe unit in Utah, but that might be fun to do again.
Yes, I’m going to make the most of this tag. Doing research now, going to make a scouting trip or two, have hired an outfitter whom I consider very good and setting aside as much time as needed to get a good ram. I’ll give some thought to doing what I did on Monroe. That was a good time.
The possibility of following your hunt really makes me excited CA!
On your Monroe hunt I would seriously look at MM multiple times a day to see your elk hunt updates. I'm really hoping you do it again!?
I was fortunate to finally draw my Utah Desert tag in 2014 and I tried to wring every ounce of adventure out of that one I could. My son and I spent 18 days scouting and three days hunting to find a dandy ram. It was the most epic adventure we have ever had.
I'm sure you will do the same. Keep us posted and have a blast!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom