california elk tag

In 2006 I got that letter on a saturday also. It was a tule elk, only one tag issued. The mailman just came and left me bills and junk mail only. No Roosevelt for me.
Best of luck to ya and shoot a toad.

Congrats on the tag! Nothing in the mail today. I have max points for everything except deer.

great job nobuckluck on the tag i herd it was a tough hunt do you plan on hiring a guide did you see the summer issue of trophy hunter at that 322 rosey you need to beat that keep on limping

mine was Saturday also 4 years ago and also an antelope saturday too 2 years ago.....deer draw is the last to be mailed!
give that tag your best effort and congrats!
you'll be fine... my elk was Marbles MT had to eat it though I did see nice bulls but no chance at recovery and it was 95 degrees and I was hunting by myself! if you can spend for a guide thats best unless you have a buddy to help you!
jack

hey one1cut thats you in the last issue of trophy hunter mag. with that 322 bull maybe you can guide me, and thats just the way i walk you know what i mean?

is that klamath general bull tag for the east side of I5? above weed? if so i know a private ranch with good bulls and they charge a reasonable fee. ive been friends with them for about30 years. let me know

ok nobuckluck thats a deal we will beat that 322 elk as long as you can keep up start running lol

>is that klamath general bull tag
>for the east side of
>I5? above weed? if so
>i know a private ranch
>with good bulls and they
>charge a reasonable fee. ive
>been friends with them for
>about30 years. let me know
>

The tag is good for green diamond timber land only. Those elk you see in orik when you drive through, you are hunting those same elk just higher up. Be prepared for lots of people in a small space as the elk are concentrated in pretty much one area. The zone is big but we did not see many elk other than the one spot where everyone else will be opening morning. The experience documented in Trophy hunter was pretty much the same experience I had, other hunters shooting, a guide trying to get his client on the elk and then the herd went by me at about 400 yards. Only difference was mine was a smaller bull :-(

Congrats Noluck, I hope you get a root bull just remember HAVE FUN and enjoy the hunt.

Good luck,

Slide

Hey oldmossback;

You're describing the Siskiyou Hunt. I had that one in '93 & my 16 yr old niece has drawn it for this year. I sent you a PM if you would.

nocal

Just thought I'd put my two cents in here. Like marburg said, most of the people and elk will be in the same area on opening morning. Most of the elk will be taken there because that's where everyone hunts. But there are elk elsewhere on the property if you know where to go.

I have guided on the Klamath hunt for at least 8 years in a row and my clients have taken 5 or 6 record book bulls during that time and several other nice bulls. These elk have been in a lot of other areas other than the area marburg refers to. Most days on the Klamath hunt, you will not see an animal. The Klamath hunt gets a bad name because of this.

Last year I hunted 7 days and saw bulls every day. That is the first time that has ever happened. Last year the lady I guided unfortunately crippled about a 340 bull at 30 yards. The bull went a couple miles and then jumped the fence onto the National Park. At this point you are done with that elk. She ended up taking a bull that made the record book but it wasn't near as big as the one we lost. Both of the bulls she shot were miles away from the area marburg refers to.

The year before, I had two clients and we took a bull the first 5 minutes on the first day and saw two other huge bulls after we shot that one but we had split up and I had the other hunter in another area. We hunted five days in a row after that without seeing a bull and then he killed a bull on the seventh day.

This is a totally different elk hunt than most people have ever been on but you have a realistic opportunity to take a record book animal.

I actually advertise here on this site. If you see G & J Outdoors and click on that, you will go to my website and you can see some of the bulls we've taken on the Klamath hunt in the photo gallery. Good Luck on your hunt!

>is that klamath general bull tag
>for the east side of
>I5? above weed? if so
>i know a private ranch
>with good bulls and they
>charge a reasonable fee. ive
>been friends with them for
>about30 years. let me know
>

are you talking bout the Silva ranch?...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom