California Ferries vs Zealots

H

huntindude

I have to laugh when I see the gays lined up to get married in California and the zealots and people with nothing better to do throwing a hissy fit over it.

The ferries have won round one but don't count the church ladies out yet, they failed to get the state supreme court to hear the case but they're on a mission to get this in front of the voters of California. polls say 52% of Californians approve of gay marriage, what if they lose? US supreme court again? screw with the constitution? witch burnings?

It makes you realize how good we have it in this country when people have nothing better to worry about than fruits like Mr Sulu getting hitched. too funny and great entertainment, only in America.

Dude;
I do not know about your poll and the results you qouted, but the last time this was voted on,a couple years ago, the gays lost to being able to marry. Concensus here is that the gays will lose again when the bill is rewritten and voted on.
I agree with you that there is more important things to worry about then gay marriage rights. But we have shipped alot of our gays to your state by this state taxing the heck out of them and everyone else. Very few remain after retirement.
You can go down to your favorite Starbucks and have a latte and bagel with them and discuss the issue. I just prefer to stay away from it.

RELH

And may I add that two years ago, in the left liberal state of Kalifornicated, the people voted against gay marriages by a 62 to 38% margin (+ or - 1%.) These leftist liberals seem to pull out numbers out of their lubricated butts!

If you'd read your own news papers you'd see that 52% favor it and 46% are opposed, the other 2% are too dumb to have an opinion.

Even if the zealots do win this fall the gays say they'll appeal, then the church ladies will appeal that and on and on we go. job security for lawyers and preachers, good for the economy if nothing else.

You'd be wrong Pollmiester. 77% of the country is against gay marriage. Google it!

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

California isn't the rest of the country. not really the bible belt mentality judging from most of them I've met. are you against states rights now?

A Texan of all people should know what it's like to be different. very different.

"California isn't the rest of the country. not really the bible belt mentality judging from most of them I've met."

Even Dude stumbles into the truth once in awhile.

Ransom

202 have you ever wondered what could be accomplished if these self righteous moral warriors spent this time and money for something positive? help homeless vets, fight drug dealers, gang intervention I don't care but something that matters.

Why go through all this effort to bring down a person who means no harm they just happen to be a fruit? is the rush of a superior dance so gratifying it's worth it ? I just don't get it.

States rights eh. If I am not mistaken was'nt this voted on by the people not to long ago? Did,nt THE PEOPLE vote it down? Yes thats right they did. So the un-naturals got a leftist court to over rule the will of the people. Typical of the left. They know they can not win at the ballot box so they get a nut bar court to go against the majority (theirs that word of yours again). I am confident the voters will put a stop to this.

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

What if the polls are correct and voters do uphold it? plan b-c-d?

You didn't answer why this is a worthy cause so many are willing to fight every step of the way, what good will come from a ban and what harm will come from fruit cake weddings? don't give me the god's will crap like our local street preacher blathers at passers by, Sulu and his boy/girl friend were out in public getting their licence yesterday, no lightning bolt took them out. god had a clear shot and didn't pull the trigger, hmmm, that's somthing to ponder huh?

Osama and girlfriend are on their way to Kalifornia right now.

485af17674a19732.jpg

RE: NonDude Poll

Poll: 54 Percent Back CA. Marriage Amendment
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ? More than half of California residents would support amending the state constitution to outlaw gay marriage, according to a new poll published Friday.

The Los Angeles Times/KTLA poll of 834 Californians, 705 of them registered voters, found that 54 percent of the voters surveyed backed a gay marriage ban proposed for the November ballot and 35 percent opposed it. The ballot initiative follows a May 15 ruling by the state Supreme Court legalizing same-sex nuptials.

But with so many months to go before the election and the court's decision only a week old, the survey results suggest the initiative supporters' edge could evaporate, said Times poll director Susan Pinkus.

"Although the amendment to reinstate the ban on same-sex marriage is winning by a small majority, this may not bode well for the measure," Pinkus said.

If the amendment qualifies for the ballot and passes in November, it would overturn the Supreme Court's decision and set the stage for further legal wrangling that would leave the validity of same-sex marriage performed between now and then in doubt.

A majority of those surveyed also opposed the court's decision to strike down two laws that limited marriage to a man and a woman, with 52 percent disagreeing and 41 percent agreeing. Justices found that denying marriage licenses to gays and lesbians was unconstitutionally discriminatory.

Interesting, I think the constitution will be the bottom line and the last word on this. since procreation isn't a requirement for marriage on what grounds would you have to ban same sex marriage? it seems like sex discrimination to me and it must to the courts as well.

I expect the vote to be close, and I don't expect which ever side loses to give up. what a waste of time and money for nothing.

He forgot because someone placed his poll numbers where they belong. In that place of his where the sun does not shine. Must have had to moved his head aside to do it.

RELH

What's the matter with you RELH? someone pee in your mush or turn off your Matlock reruns? nobody expects any wisdom out of you but you could act half your age.

Ransom I don't disagree with your poll numbers, but look at the CBS news article and they say 51% favor gay marriage and 42% oppose. I said it's going to be close, still none of you will answer why it matters and who they're hurting. if you guys could debate the actual subject it would make it a little more mature and interesting but you're doing your best, so whatever.

Why it matters? Because your friends already have the exact same right as the rest of us. They can marry one person of the opposite sex, except Colorado City where you can marry many members of the opposite sex. Its really not that hard to understand Dude if you just try.

Ransom

You don't get it do you? they're fruits and they don't like the opposite sex. I don't understand it but it's not my place to judge, but you make it yours.

Can you prove it hurts you, anyone else or the country? if not what right do you have to impose your will over another?

Alright dude, I will stick to the agenda. so some news agency does conduct a poll and come out with a 52-48 split on the gays having the right to marry each other.
I have strong reservations on that poll's accuracy since it seems to conflict with results in the near past. In fact one figure I heard just recently, by poll results, give the anti-gay crowd a whopping 15 percent over defeating the gay right to marriage. this is more in line with previous history on the voting of this issue.
Did your liberal news agency conduct their poll in San Francisco to slant the results, or was the survey conducted in all parts of the state to get a better overall opinion?
As for the gay issue, it is not very high at all with me, it does seem to be a priorty with you based on the number of times you keep bringing it up. I think it should be put on the back burner and lets get down to taking care of more important matters.

RELH

Since it's front page new nationally I don't think bringing it up is a problem.

It's not high on my priority list either but to gays and zealots it is, it's obvious why the gays want it but why do the zealots oppose it so vigorously? still none of you will take that one on. why is it such a big deal? who's getting getting hurt and what legal right do you have to stop it?

The vote will be close and who ever loses won't give up you can rest assured.I agree there are much more important issues in front of us, but it's the zealots causing the trouble and nobody will give a good reason. if " 'cause " is the best you can do then the ferries can and will win, in time.

Dude my question again. If it is not so high on your priorty list, why do you bring it up time after time with your numerous posts on this subject? You say it is not high priorty with you, but your actions are speaking far greater then your words. You stated that, " but it's the zealots causing the trouble" giving indication you are of a pro gay stance on this issue and it may be sticking in your crawl far more then you will admit.

RELH

It isn't high on my priority list, but I think it's a good debate. what's wrong with asking for the anti gay marriage point of veiw? I see no harm in it myself.

If sombody wants to prevent sombody else from doing something harmless what ever it may be that makes them happy they should have to provide a valid argument against it. I still haven't heard one, that doesn't intrigue you at all?

We demand the anti hunters prove we're in the wrong before they pass legislation against what we do, why don't the zealots have the same burden on them? I think the courts keep saying they do but the zealots still won't back off. again I find it a worthy debate, with no debate it seems.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom