California fund raiser tag draw odds?

Fishingkid

I was just curious if they have draw data from previous years on the fundraiser tags? I did not see it in the 2020 big game digest. Have they posted it before?

I have never seen them posted but my guess is 1/100,000 minimum. if you bought a second species tag your odds would not be cut in have just reduced by 1(1/99,999).

i just looked at total applicants for any species in the draw last year and it was about 10,000. so if you assume all bought 1 raffle ticket the odds are 1/10,000.

I have the draw odds for this hunts from a few years ago. Way worse than I thought they would be. They're on par and possibly worse than the standard draw tags!!
Will you post the results for us to review? Also what source did you get them from? I’m curious if we can get them from 2019. I know I buy 5-6 per species every year.

I have heard From a few guys better odds drawing the fundraiser tags then waiting to be in the max points pool and actually pulling top tags in some of these western states. So I was just curious what the actual draw odds have looked like passed few years? I will not win as I do not apply for them. I’m playing the points game. Never thought I was lucky enough to apply for fundraiser tags.

since people are allowed to buy as many fundraiser entries as they want i would expect the odds to be impossibly long. not even close to the odds of getting a random quota tag for a specific zone in the regular draw. somebody has to get lucky though

Dang if the odds are that bad on the share program tags imagine the long odds on the raffle tags.

IMO, I'll bet the stats on the fundraising tags would make drawing a DBHS tag in CA during the regular draw with less than max points look easy!!

See the bottom of page 1, fundraising tags are broken down by year too. Not really good odds, but you do have a chance!

Attachments

• 2010s Items Hunting (1).pdf
    217.5 KB · Views: 203
Hell I can’t even draw the tags I’m “supposed” to. I gave up on the raffle tags long ago.

I put in for everything I can. You cant win if you dont play.
I do as well but I seriously think I have the worst luck out of anyone, I apply for ten states 45 tags plus as many raffles as I can afford and nothing only tags I have ever drawn are second choice type tags/leftovers/otc tags

I went online the other day and had them ship me my lifetime hunting license and while there I purchased 5 fundraising tickets for each species. I generally do more, but the # of entries Snoopdogg showed stopped me this year. I figure you can't draw if your name isn't in the hat, but this year 5 names for each species is all they get.

I went online the other day and had them ship me my lifetime hunting license and while there I purchased 5 fundraising tickets for each species. I generally do more, but the # of entries Snoopdogg showed stopped me this year. I figure you can't draw if your name isn't in the hat, but this year 5 names for each species is all they get.
I have my lifetime tag as well and normally do five per species as well.

Well, I'm getting up there in years and who knows how many more chances I'll get...probably not a lot. I have seven points that I dont know what to do with right now. Gonna have to pull that trigger soon....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom