California trucks

Aceman

How many of you own trucks in California? If I read it correctly the new regulations could ban as many as 80,000 vehicles made prior to 2011. I assume that would also mean semi's hauling materials in and out of the state. That should make prices go up more than they already are.

How many of you own trucks in California? If I read it correctly the new regulations could ban as many as 80,000 vehicles made prior to 2011. I assume that would also mean semi's hauling materials in and out of the state. That should make prices go up more than they already are.
You have a link to this latest run of BS?
Thanks

I have a 2021 F-350 4 WD.... paid off. I have less than 6500 miles on it. I don't want to pay the $$ to drive it so we drive other vehicles. It pisses me off because I want to drive it. It's going to get worse. When you guys say, why don't you vote them out...you forget that Republicans are the huge minority so we can't vote them out. I don't understand why the Libtards want to pay more for gas and more in taxes. I really can't understand it.

I think I'll buy one of the new Ford Lightning trucks and a 40' trailer, drive it to the Nevada border and transfer goods from the illegal semi and bring it on into California. I'll get rich. At least pull it 15 miles before the batteries die.

lol....you been sleeping under a rock??

The regulations only apply to trucks over 26000 lbs - not a trucker so should have stayed away from this post since I don't know California laws -

Funny story.....just got back from OKC hanging out with LOTS of redneck midwesterners and found my wifes, mine and my kids California mail in election ballots on the counter. Forgot to fill them out and mail them before we left. Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I used to own a 1989 Hino diesel work truck with a 14' utility bed. It was my beast truck for construction work.
3 years ago, I was forced to dump it because the state would no longer issue a registration sticker. They were forcing diesel truck owners with vehicles made before a certain date, to get rid of them. I basically had to dump it.

Thought it got shot down awhile ago, and was for 14000 GVWR vehicles and up. Just liked it up and it’s gone through.

That reminds me, I have to buy a new gas powered chainsaw and lawn mower before they're illegal to sell in California starting 2024.

That reminds me, I have to buy a new gas powered chainsaw and lawn mower before they're illegal to sell in California starting 2024.
Better upgrade while you can....that day is coming soon when all of Cali will be powered via battery and solar. Gas will be something only generated through beans.

I own 25 semi tractors and 38 48' refer trailers in my company. The last 10 years has been tough with the Air Resources Boards mandates to reduce particulate emissions in the state. We have to remove units from the road every year and continually retrofit refers. It's been tough because lead times for ordering new trucks is 12-18 months and the costs have skyrocketed. We have bought several 2 to 3 year old units in the past few years for 60% more than they sold for a couple of years ago. California is not a friendly state for businesses.

I own 25 semi tractors and 38 48' refer trailers in my company. The last 10 years has been tough with the Air Resources Boards mandates to reduce particulate emissions in the state. We have to remove units from the road every year and continually retrofit refers. It's been tough because lead times for ordering new trucks is 12-18 months and the costs have skyrocketed. We have bought several 2 to 3 year old units in the past few years for 60% more than they sold for a couple of years ago. California is not a friendly state for businesses.
California sucks ass.....the more and more I live here the more and more I hate it. If I didn't live in such a great climate (best in Cali...look it up...Orcutt, Ca) and both my wife and my business's weren't client-based, we'd have moved a while ago. We may be here another 9 years or so. That'd make us 60 and we can sell our real estate and buy something modest elsewhere and live a good life free from so much oppression.

California sucks ass.....the more and more I live here the more and more I hate it. If I didn't live in such a great climate (best in Cali...look it up...Orcutt, Ca) and both my wife and my business's weren't client-based, we'd have moved a while ago. We may be here another 9 years or so. That'd make us 60 and we can sell our real estate and buy something modest elsewhere and live a good life free from so much oppression.
Scary part is….what will all the good places now look like in 9 years….?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom