Call Mike Lee NOW!

hossblur

Long Time Member
This is one of those times where guys who hunt,fish, recreate on public land need to set down the R and fight for their own personal interests.

We are super close to getting full and dedicated funding at $900 million for the Land and Water Conservation Fund. Guess who is putting up all sorts of procedural hurdles and trying to kill this widely supported measure? Yep, Senator Mike Lee. He has to feel some pain for this. I don’t think we will get him to change his vote but we might be able to ostracize him from his colleagues enough to have him stop his antics...he is trying to force a 1am vote tonight to cut attendance. He needs to hear from you! He represents you! 202-224-3121. Ask for his office and tell him to let the Great American Outdoor Act fo to a final vote on the floor. Not only make a call but let him know on his Instagram account. Be civil...be direct!

This act is bipartisan. McConnell is scheduled it for vote himself. Trump pledges to sign.

it ain’t R. It’s Mike Lee being Mike Lee.

All the posts on closed trails, closed areas, closed pit toilets, PICK UP THE PHONE

Thing is, his voters, have zero reason to not support it.
Just another example of him finding a bill that will pass and making some “point”.

Hes silent on riots, looters, Trumpgate, etc.

But now he “stands”.

He’s a coward and a fake

Called my two senators, who are not cosponsors, their offices aren't even open left a few voicemails. Nothing like using the pandemic as a rationale for not responding to your constituents. Hoping we get some better options come primary season.

The bill has 59 co-sponsors. It's going to take a lot more than Mike Lee being Mike Lee to prevent this bill from going forward if the senate is truly dedicated to making it happening. If it has the widespread support that people are saying, and that the senate is claiming, then it should fly through with no problems.

It is time for the good people of Utah to retire Mike Lee. Unfortunately we're stuck for a couple more years.

The news articles I've been able to find say it was supposed to come up for a vote early this week, but I can't see any updates. Did Mike's procedural moves delay it?

Far as I can tell it’s today or tommorow

Was sent this article, but it looks like the ag industry is strongly opposing.

I actually got Mike Lees Utah office love. The kid said they were getting a lot of calls, so that’s great.

Mittens office is busy I guess. All that touring around with SFW begging for sportsmen’s votes was forgotten apparently.

If you haven’t called,get it done. If you have, GOOD JOB??

Salt Lake City, UT: The Mule Deer Foundation congratulated the U.S. Senate for their 73-25 vote today to pass the Great American Outdoors Act, lauding it as a significant boon for conservation and federal land management. The bill, which was introduced by Senator Cory Gardner (CO), Senator Steve Daines (MT), and Senator Joe Manchin (WV) and is co-sponsored by a bipartisan group of 60 Senators, finally provides full, permanent funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund as well as authorizes new funding for deferred maintenance on federal lands.
“Western mule deer and black-tailed deer hunters depend on our country’s federal public lands for much of their hunting opportunity. The Great American Outdoors Act provides necessary funding to continue conserving western landscapes as well as working to improve the network of roads, trails, and facilities found on these federal lands,” commented MDF President/CEO Miles Moretti. “The Mule Deer Foundation applauds the leadership of Senators Daines, Gardner, and Manchin along with Senators Heinrich and Portman for working with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to ensure the passage of this bill in the Senate.”
The Great American Outdoors Act was introduced in early March after Senators Gardner and Daines secured support for the proposal from President Trump. The bill will permanently fund the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) at its authorized level of $900 million per year for land conservation as well as state and local parks. The program has been in place since the 1960s but only received its full funding allocation a handful of times; it was permanently reauthorized in 2019 as part of the John D. Dingell Jr. Conservation, Management and Recreation Act, however funding was still subject to annual appropriation. Permanent funding at the authorized level will allow strategic acquisitions or easements to conserve important habitats. Importantly, the law now also prioritizes a portion of the funding for sportsmen’s access to federal lands, an issue advocated by MDF and its conservation partners.
In addition to LWCF funding, Great American Outdoors Act authorizes $9.5 billion over five years to address the backlog in maintenance on federal public lands. After a coordinated effort by the sportsmen’s community, the legislation includes funding for deferred maintenance on lands managed by the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and other agencies. As originally proposed, the legislation would have only funded maintenance on National Park Service lands, however other federal land agencies are also facing significant maintenance backlogs. National forests, wildlife refuges, and BLM lands often provide most of the opportunity for sportsmen and women so ensuring these agencies also receive funding will benefit those who hunt and fish on federal lands.
Moretti concluded, “We hope the U.S. House of Representatives quickly passes their companion version of the bill and sends it to President Trump for his signature. If enacted, this will be a monumental step in our nation’s conservation history.”
Screenshot_20200617-175413_Gmail.jpg

Romney and Lee voted nay. I had sent both a message in favor of the act prior to the vote.

Not shocked at all by Lee.

Romney on the other hand. You guys remember when THE DON hauled him around the state so he could glad hand sportsmen? Well, you all gave him your vote, and he gave you the finger. I’m sure he was too busy working on that wild horse plan he promised a year ago to listen to his messages pushing for support.

Regardless. It’s a good day. And one of the very few bipartisan things we’ve seen in years

Yes bipartisan!
The Democrats get to spend more money we don't have and the Republicans go along, like a rat being feed cheese.

Do any of you believe any of these politicians? None of them give 2 shitz about anything but getting re-elected. That includes both sides. Just look at there record’s. Republicans, Democrat, it doesn’t matter. Wildlife doesn’t even cross there mind

Where did the republicans stop spending?
Never said the Republicans stopped spending.

I am not against the idea behind The Great American Outdoors Act.
I am not against spending to protect and improve what we already have but spending money we do not have and increasing government land.
It is obvious we can not afford much of what is already protected if we are borrowing money to protect that land.

Think of it this way you only earn $1000 a month but your spending is $2000 a month. Now your house needs some repairs. You also want the 1 acre lot next to you price of the lot $25000. But your wife does not want to spend the money on the 1 acre lot. Your wife goes along inorder to get the house repaired. So you borrow money to repair the house but instead of just borrowing $50000 for repairs to the house you borrow $100000 so you can by the 2 acres next to you after all your wife really wants the house repaired she already had agreed to let you borrow the extra money and you know your wife is going to want to redecorate the house so all will be equal.
Now instead of spending $2000 a month now with the extra loan you are spending $2800.

Just remember next time they want to pass a bill to dump several billion into Arts or some other special interest program. That program is important to someone.
Thats the problem of today every spending bill is important to someone.
When do we say enough is enough

The LWCF isnt spending. It’s a tax on off shore oil producers. So the issue with that isn’t “more spending”, it’s actually spending the money raised, in the way it was meant to be spent.

Arts? The outdoor industry is multi billion dollar industry. A huge portion of Utah’s tax revenue comes from outdoors. Where is the same true of the arts?

I agre. If we took the tax revenue made from outdoors related industries, park revenue, etc, and used that to find maintenance and projects, we would have zero problems.

But we don’t. A pile of money gets raised, siphoned off for pet projects guys like Lee supports, passed around DC, then we shrug and say there’s no money.

Are you really dumb enough to believe that if we sold off all 640 acres thedebt would be paid off with it? Where is there any proof of that on the states side?

This isn’t about national debt. Guys like Lee she the largest untapped revenue source on the planet, and they desire control of the money it would produce.

i have yet to see the Mike Lee bill that caps spending. Or the Romney bill reducing it.

The crave the spending selling land would create, and that’s all those phonies care about

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom