Calling all unit 34 archery elk hunters

It is looking more and more likely that the Army will not be lifting leave restrictions on us any time soon meaning there is a good chance I will not be able to hunt my tag this year. I am obligated to stay in the local area which mostly includes unit 34. For any archery elk hunters that may be willing to have someone tag along to help pack out, butcher etc, PM me. I am a newer elk hunter trying to learn and gain experience each year even if I dont get to hunt.

J

That is a good attitude to have. Hopefully you find someone to go along with.
If you want to sharpen your big game hunting skills, learn to call coyotes. They are excellent practice as well as fun and challenging to hunt. No closed season and no bag limit and in general the more coyotes removed from an area, the better it is for all the other animals including other coyotes.

Not sure if you're aware of the organization, but The Fallen Outdoors is a Veteran/Military organization dedicated to getting that group together for outdoor activities (hunting, fishing, etc)
If you're not already involved with them, they're a great place to start to find like minded folks, with a similar background. I hunted 34 last year, but will be in 16A this year, I have a co-worker going into 34, but he's hunting rifle.
It's a great organization, you should check it out. Although it's primarily advertised as "veteran", clearly active duty are more than welcome.

I will be hunting early archery. Not sure how things will go down, but, we can exchange info and see if we can't scare a couple elk a day or two.

Not sure if you're aware of the organization, but The Fallen Outdoors is a Veteran/Military organization dedicated to getting that group together for outdoor activities (hunting, fishing, etc)
If you're not already involved with them, they're a great place to start to find like minded folks, with a similar background. I hunted 34 last year, but will be in 16A this year, I have a co-worker going into 34, but he's hunting rifle.
It's a great organization, you should check it out. Although it's primarily advertised as "veteran", clearly active duty are more than welcome.

No, wasnt aware. Thanks for sharing

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom