Camelback Water Bladders

B

Benado

I have one of those water bladders that goes in a day pack and I really like it but I can't seem to find a way to get it dry after I use it. I am worried that alge will build up and then stuff will start reproducing in there. What do you guys do to clean/dry your water bladders?

Benado,

Camelback makes a folding 'rack' which fits inside of the bladder. It holds it open to allow air drying. I have one and it works good but I rarely use it. Fairly often I will put a small amount of chlorine bleach in the bladder with warm water and let it sit for 15 minutes and then triple rinse. So far so good.

Cheers,

BeanMan

I have found that a dry cloth left in the bladder works great for air drying them out. Just leave enough of the cloth hanging out the opening that you can remove it with out blocking it completly.

400bull

camelback also makes some kind of cleaner solution you can squirt in there to clean it out.
mike

Thanks guys, I didn't even think to check Camleback for accessories. The bleach and rag ideas sound good too. Thanks a lot! Bowhunt starts tommorrow for me-I can't wait.

Store it in the freezer it will keep it from growing algae. The bleach thing works well but it leaves an after taste

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom