Camp shower

J

Jamie

I'm trying to build my own camp shower. I'm using a Dyna -Glo propane heater 50,000-80,000 BTU heater to heat the water by coiling 1/2" copper tubing inside of the metal housing. I am pumping the water with a shur-flo 12v rv pump. Does anyone have any idea how much copper tube I will need to make sure the water is hot enough for a shower, I picked up 20' but havent a clue how much I'll need. I should be getting about 2.5 gpm.

I once saw a set up that ran the lines through or around a vehicles engine. The heat of the (idling) engine warmed up the water. I saw this ad a long time ago in a 4X4 mag and it has stuck in my mind ever since.

Good luck on your venture and post up the end results!

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

When your done taking a shower, you can turn it into a still and make a batch of the "recipe".

Try asking thes guys, They been building them for years. Mine works like a champ.

photo_traveler-big.jpg

http://www.ZODI.COM

Well I got it fired up. I'm getting a 50 degree temp rise so my temp was 110 comming out of a hand held shower head with a ton of pressure. Looks like I'll be smelling good or not so good this next sept.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom