Camping lanterns?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I am looking to buy a lantern for tent camping....an outdoors lantern. Weight is not really an issue...I want something that produces plenty of light and is battery operated...not propane. Thanks in advance....

Why? What’s wrong with a Coleman gas lantern? All the light you need and no battery. Some things are so simple, why make it complicated?

I have a Streamlight. Kinda pricey but a nice piece of equipment. Plenty of light and batteries last a long time.

I have a couple of those Coleman battery powered lanterns that look like the old gas lanterns. I use them all the time at my cabin, and still have never replaced batteries for a couple of years now.

I would not hesitate to buy another of either of these. In fact, the only reason I can see using a propane lantern is if you want some warmth.

No gas lanterns because they require fuel and mantles....if you have no fuel or mantles, no light. :) Simple is best IMO. No...I am not a millennial. Trying to keep the camping box as small as possible. Thanks for the info so far.

All I use are battery powered lanterns anymore. I have a bigger Coleman that take 4 D batteries, I believe. And some smaller ones that came in a four pack at Costco. They all put out decent light and battery life is long.

Don P

I bought a Bushnell from Walmart several years ago it has amazing light lots of adjustment levels including a flashlight Way brighter than most. Runs on batteries & lasts forever I just used it this last weekend still running great on batteries from 2 years ago !!! It was around $30

I bought an LE 1000 lumens lantern for $28 from Amazon. Runs on 3 D batteries. It surprisingly small which worried me a bit when I opened it up. It is bright as can be...has 3 different brightness options and hangs if you'd like it to. The worst thing is paying the $12 for batteries! Thanks to all for the info.

I am looking to buy a lantern for tent camping....an outdoors lantern. Weight is not really an issue...I want something that produces plenty of light and is battery operated...not propane. Thanks in advance....
COSTCO LED BATTERY LANTERNS takes 8 D batteries extremely bright white light WE bought 8 for us and family get at least 3 make hook out of close hanger to hang on in tent, $25 each.

I have bought Etekcity Lantern LED Camping Lanterns from amazon.

1.Lightweight
2.great battery backup >30 hours
3.all LED's are working properly and great brightness

LED LANTERNS, COSTCO $25 I HAVE 7 AWESOME LIGHTS

Costco has great LED battery lanterns, 8 D batteries bight white light, 3 setting low, med, high. Awesome lights $25 bought 10 for all the family.

I have one of these I bring in my camper just in case I loose my camper house batteries and it also doubles as decent area lighting around camp and when I'm processing game. Takes AA batteries like nearly everything else I own (I hate anything that uses D cell batteries). I grab a couple big blister packs of AA Duracells at Costco and put them in my camper for my lanter, GPS, flashlights, trail cams, etc.

I have a Streamlight. Kinda pricey but a nice piece of equipment. Plenty of light and batteries last a long time.

I have a couple of those Coleman battery powered lanterns that look like the old gas lanterns. I use them all the time at my cabin, and still have never replaced batteries for a couple of years now.

I would not hesitate to buy another of either of these. In fact, the only reason I can see using a propane lantern is if you want some warmth.
Define all the time. What’s average use of said cabin per year? Why are you not going to the cabin more?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom