Camping on state land

fuzzyvelvet

I drew a 41 antelope tag and the only public huntable land is state land. I am getting conflicting data in my research...can I camp on state land? Thanks.

No. Only way is with a State Land Office Permit, which costs $500 AND you need to have written permission from the lessee (rancher)... good luck with that last part.

Is this a place you can just show up and get a spot or does it fill up the end of August and a reservation is needed?
  • Campground Facilities:
  • Online Reservation Sites:
    • 27 Reservation Sites with W + E (30 amp) (Yucca-7 sites and Zia-19 sites)
    • 10 Reservation Sites with W + E (50 amps) (Yucca-6 sites and Zia- 4 sites)
    • 1 Handicap site with 30 amp (Zia Only)
    • Water is at each reservation site
    • RV Dump Station
    • Group Facilities:
      • Group Picnic Shelter
      • Group Camping
      • 4 Electrical camp sites within the group area
  • Non-Reservation Sites:
    • 46 sites with W + E with (30 amp) (Yucca-26 sites and Logan Park-20 sites)
    • 1 Handicap site with 30 amp at Logan Park
    • 7 Sites with W + E with (50 amp) (Yucca-4 sites and Logan Park-3 sites)
    • 45 Developed sites with water near by
    • 18 Developed sites with no water near by
  • Primitive Camping:
    • Rogers Area
    • South Side Area
    • Mine Canyon Area

I drew a 41 antelope tag and the only public huntable land is state land. I am getting conflicting data in my research...can I camp on state land? Thanks.
Stay in Clayton at Coyote Keith's rv. full hookups $35 and the lady is hunter friendly. unit 41 is a 20 min drive. I just got back from hunting 59 which borders 41. There's a bunch of lopes on the north border of 41 in the state land. should take you a day or 2.

Screenshot_20210809-204040_onX Hunt.jpg

Oh, also make sure you have your phone or a video camera with you at ALL times while hunting. turn on the video everytime you are approached by the locals. they will try and run you off or harass you or just be terrible people in general. then email any negative interactions to game and fish. For real...

Oh, also make sure you have your phone or a video camera with you at ALL times while hunting. turn on the video everytime you are approached by the locals. they will try and run you off or harass you or just be terrible people in general. then email any negative interactions to game and fish. For real...

Sucks having to deal with that crap. Were they anti-hunting, or just hate others from out of the area? Sounds like it’s best to camp in a RV Park. Otherwise they might mess with your camp also.

Sucks having to deal with that crap. Were they anti-hunting, or just hate others from out of the area? Sounds like it’s best to camp in a RV Park. Otherwise they might mess with your camp also.
Anti public land hunters. They don't want us shooting the wildlife they sell now that deer and antelope tags are OTC on private.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom