Can am atv

I'm a honda guy. I've driven friends atvs and sxss with CVTs and don't like it. Give me a conventional transmission any day. Also, if you ever want to switch to a track format you'll put way to much stress on the belts. Not sure if that matters to you. But that's my $.02

I have a 850 and it’s the best quad I’ve ever been on. No one does torque like can am and the hill assist is crazy. Almost have to hit the gas going down inclines it will crawl you so slow.

Can't go wrong with a Can Am. I have the Outlander 850 and loved it. My buddy has the 650 and it has plenty of power. No issues with either machine.

I've been a Honda guy since 1995 with 5 different units and as many as 3 at a time BUT I just bought an Outlander 850 from a buddy with only 140 miles on it (He bought a s x s). Seems damn nice. I should be using the crap out of it this year.
I still have my reliable Rancher just in case. haha

Zeke

one thing to look out for on that 850 is the gas tank vent sucks. its right under the seat and gets mashed. when that happens the tank doesn't vent and will vapor lock shutting the machine down. if it happens while your on the trail. pop the gas cap, let the machine cool and it should restart. good thing to pop the seat off an check. there's some stuff on the forums if you google it for mods that work.

Good info JPickett.
I'll have to watch for that in the future. No issues yet.

Zeke

Another good mod on the 850 is they put the battery in about the stupidest place they could find. Funny thing is in the rear tool box there’s a spot shaped exactly perfect to relocate it. Like they made the spot and then were like nah, let’s put it somewhere completely inaccessible so ya couldn’t jump it if you wanted to. I moved mine, it’s pretty easy

They have a battery? I've never seen it. LOL

Nice to hear info from a current user. Mine is still quite new (140 miles) and new to me so it's nice to learn a few tips and tricks.

Zeke

They have a battery? I've never seen it. LOL

Nice to hear info from a current user. Mine is still quite new (140 miles) and new to me so it's nice to learn a few tips and tricks.

Zeke
Yeah I’m happy to help. Another thing is your fuel gauge will eventually stop working. Don’t get me wrong, still the best machine I’ve ever owned but every manufacturer has those few bone head things that just make you wonder. I’m still working on the fuel gauge thing. I get it figured out I’ll let you know what to look for

Got an 07 800 outlander awesome machine use the heck out of it. Think 08 was the cutoff before they moved the plant to mexico. Now they're Mex Can.

I just ordered grip and throttle lever heaters for mine. OUCH!
They're plenty proud of those.... but I've got to have them.

Zeke

I'm a honda guy. I've driven friends atvs and sxss with CVTs and don't like it. Give me a conventional transmission any day. Also, if you ever want to switch to a track format you'll put way to much stress on the belts. Not sure if that matters to you. But that's my $.02

Have a polaris 6x6 with tracks and really the belt set up is much better then the transmissions. I have blown a belt but easy fix better then blowing a whole transmission.

I just got the can am and the ride is awsome and power is amazing!!

Got an 07 800 outlander awesome machine use the heck out of it. Think 08 was the cutoff before they moved the plant to mexico. Now they're Mex Can.
I don’t understand the hate on Mexican made stuff. Mexicans are the only ones willing to show up, listen to directions, and work hard every day anymore. I know the stuff on my house that was done by white guys is all crap work and the stuff the Mexican fellas did was done fast and correct. They can build anything I’m buying if you ask me.

I've never seen a snow mobile without a belt......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom