Can anyone point me where elk 2023 tags and types are?

elknr

I’m only finding regulations for 2022.
I’m just trying to make sure there giving the same tags this year. Any help greatly appreciated

Hasn’t been released yet!! Should see proposed stuff in end of feb/ March, then they’ll have public season setting meetings in March , after all meetings gos to commission for final approval,

Give the Wyoming Game and Fish your money first and then they will let you know what the regulations are.

They really should move the nonresident elk application to the same time as the resident elk application. When they did the draw early. I was happy to give them my money early but this 4 month wait without even knowing the regulations is really pathetic.

Right. If I put in for a type 2,3 or 5. They could change it and ya might lose all yr points for some antlerless tag. That’s what I’m afraid of

Give the Wyoming Game and Fish your money first and then they will let you know what the regulations are.

They really should move the nonresident elk application to the same time as the resident elk application. When they did the draw early. I was happy to give them my money early but this 4 month wait without even knowing the regulations is really pathetic.
You can change your apps after the regulations are presented. pretty damn easy

If we can change our apps for two months after the application is due, why not move the application deadline back two months?

Under the current set up unsuccessful nr Elk applicants will then move to the A/D draw. If all 3 are at the same time there will be fewer nr applying for D/A.

(straight from the lips of Sy Gilliland)

Elk
The Department will not publish tentative season information in the application packet. Instead, hunters can reference the 2022 regulations and archery season dates on the Hunter Planner. Final season information will be published on May 1, with time for hunters to make modifications or withdraw applications.
Resident general elk licenses will be available for sale over-the-counter beginning July 12.
The total limit for elk licenses a person may possess differs from deer and antelope in that full price elk licenses and reduced

Sounds like we feel the same way about Wyoming Outfitters and guide association.
Maybe we are on the same page. The Wy Outfitters and Guide Association did fight against the 90/10 split of ED&A at the beginning but latter on wanted to make a deal of 90/5/5 with %5 going to the welfare draw... If it wasn't for the residents of Wyoming U NR would be getting %5 of Elk Deer and Antelope tags....

It’s obvious that the outfitters only have their own interest in mind at the expense of oyo/diy hunters. It’s great that Wyo res stood up and supported the “little man” diy/oyo hunters that had literally no representation at task force meetings!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom