Can U figure this one out!..

M

manny15

There are three words in the English language that end in "gry" ONE is angry' and the other is hungry'. EveryONE knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word. What is it? _______gry...?

well, there's horngry, ugry, goF&^%yourselfgry. there's lotsa stuff ends with gry.

For more than you ever probably wanted to know about this riddle, check this link.

http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_gry_angry_hungry.html

Mountain.gif

that made me laugh so hard i hurt myself. when is manny gonna tell us the rest o' the story?

>Howdy,
>
>FINALLY, A RIDDLE I KNOW!!!!
>
>
>V I A
> G
>R Y
>
>
>
>Coach

LOL........

I'm sure that you are sick of hearing about it, but I have the correct answer to the 'gry' trivia. The first problem with these things is that they are inevitably phrased wrong, so that it is impossible to get the question correct. Some answers you have are on the right track, such as 'three', etc., but they still are unsatisfactory. The actual phrasing is as follows:

Angry and hungry are two words that end in '-gry'. There are three words in the English language. What is the third word? Everyone knows what it means and everyone uses it every day. Look closely and I have already given you the third word. What is it?

The answer is 'language'. The key sentences are the second and third. If you just read those two, the answer is obvious. The first sentence is a ruse to throw you off. 'Language' is the only answer that fits the hints that follow those two sentence.

So, all the searching in dictionaries is pointless. I hope you'll pass this information along. Before I finally discovered the correct phrasing of the question and the answer, I looked there and did not find a satisfying answer.

Walt Meier [email protected]

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-04 AT 09:53AM (MST)[p]Howdy,

I hate to disagree with you Walt, but the correct phrasing of this riddle is:

"In our language, there are three words that end with 'gry.' One is 'hungry,' another is 'angry.' What is the third word? Everyone knows what it means and everyone uses it every day. Look closely and I have already given you the third word. What is it?"

NOW the correct answer is 'language' as it is indeed the third word of the riddle!!! In=1 our=2 language=3 etc. If one was to take the questions seriously, which on this Campfire I'm sure would never happen, such words as 'savagry' and 'scavengry' and a few others could be found that actually end in 'gry.' Now that everyone is thoroughly confused, bewildered, and otherwise bored.... have a great weekend.

Oh, if you heard savage language coming from my direction, it was my thorough cursing of the Colorado DOW for their terrible lack of foresight in not allowing me to draw for a deer tag!! Curses, foiled again.

Coach

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom