Can we please go fishing in the ocean in June

DeerHunter53

Long Time Member
I had to cancel my first fishing trip to Shelter Cove this weekend. My buddy and I are not liking life right now. We should be going out this morning for Ling Cod, Rock Cod, Salmon, Halibut anything that will bite........But no here we are at work instead.
We are scheduled again the first weekend in June I hope we can fish..

What do you think Eel will we be fishing in June????????

I can’t wait to be back!
D9D2E26B-6878-4DF5-ABEC-360988C61F1F.jpeg

They're fishing now out of Eureka and doing pretty good.

From his website:

4-29-2020 It looks like we will be allowed to fish if we abide by social distancing rules. We are going to start out slowly and carefully and see how things work. The safety and health of our customers is vitally important to us. We ask for your understanding as we implement new rules for fishing on the Reel Steel. Masks are required. You must bring your own mask with you. As of right now we do not have extra masks for customers. Only one person in addition to the crew allowed in the cabin at a time. Maintain six feet of distance between you and other passengers while fishing. Sanitize hands before getting on the boat. Gloves are recommended but aren't required. If you have been sick within the last 21 days do not come fishing, please think of others. Practice social distancing while on the dock as well. We are going to limit open party loads to four anglers for the time being. If you are high risk with other health problems please don't come fishing. Hopefully, we will all get through this and get back to normal.

Deephunter53,

Tell the guys at the launch that other dude in the boat is your wife. Yall just got married and its your honeymoon. Hell its Cali right? They'll probably cheer for you as you launch.

Seriously though guys. Look at Eel's post. What do most people fish for? We want to get away from the BS. But now they say you have to do this or that to fish. Where this. Stand here. Don't shake another man's hand. BLA BLA BLA. Go fish. Pat your buddy on the back, Crack open a cold beer and hand it to him. Forget about the dam disease and the fear monkeys for a day. Fish however dam well you please. Tomorrow is promised to no man. No matter how many masks you where and elbow bumps you do. Go fish.

Ef the politicians.

I was out kayak fishing on the bay the other day and the Sheriff's boat was cruising around checking to see who was following orders, I guess. I imagined I was a destroyer and launched a torpedo his way.

I have yet to catch a fish, damn it! No zucchini this year either.

At least you have been fishing. I just bought the combo 2 rod license. Need to grow asap. Good luck Eel I hope you roll out into a fish-catching tsunami !
I miss living where I was catching huge steelhead 20 minutes from my house , sad.

Thanks DM. It'll happen but I had a half dozen halibut in the freezer this time last year. There's not much bait in the bay right now because of the rain and the halibut follow the anchovies.

Hey Castnshoot do you go every year and are you going on the 7day 10day which boats do you prefer.
I always went on the Red Rooster but since I have been fishing in Shelter Cove I have not been south since.

My first pick for long range would be the Intrepid out of Point Loma.

I mentioned a June trip cause I used to go on a 14 day on the Rooster in June, but I have not been for a few years. Kind of sketchy going that far south that time of year cause of hurricanes. But good fishing.

First started fishing long range on the Polaris Supreme. Fished a bunch of boats including the Intrepid (sweet platform).

I fished all the Riviaggidios Islands before Mexico shut them down back in the day.

Always liked the Rooster, Andy finds fish and ain’t scared to burn fuel to make it happen.

I currently have my big tuna addiction under control.

Be carful.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom