Can you say 28 inch main beams :)

rmanwill

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-18 AT 03:37PM (MST) by Founder (admin)[p]2018 Utah general season muzzy buck. 30 1/4 inches wide. gross scores 201. 28 inch main beams.

Pretty special buck. Didn't know if I would ever be able to say I broke the 30 inch wide mark and the 200 inches gross score in the same phrase on a buck I was fortunate enough to have success on!!!

Seen a few good takers a month prior while scouting while the archery hunt was going and numerous hunter's were running about.

Nothing overly interesting on opener. Did see numerous bucks, just not what I was looking for. I had the whole hunt off of work and I am a dedicated hunter that could still hunt the early rifle hunt and the late general season rifle hunt if needed.

Second morning got a really quick look at this buck and said he looked like a shooter. We did not know what he was, just that he was wide. He never did give us a side view.

Bedded him that morning with nothing but a quick look. Went back in that after noon early. Got set up above him about 4:10 and already had a big 2x2 feeding by the quaking aspen patch he bedded in. Ten minutes latter a couple does ran out of the quaking aspen patch patch and then he was there in a window looking at us at 168 yards.

Pulled the trigger and he folded. Looked at him pilled up through the binos and never even went down to him. Went to camp and left muzzle loader, binos and packs there and retrieved the pack frames and two other hunting partners that happen to still be in camp.

Walked down to him hoping there was not much ground shrinkage and was very surprised that he was better then we expected.

Took photos, caped him out and quartered him up and had him out less then a hour later. The other guys went out for the last of the evening hunt and I took him back to camp to skin quarters and clean up to hang for the night.

Awesome general season hunt and buck. Hope the units continue to improve with the state divided up in numerous smaller units and only being able to hunt all three seasons in your picked unit if dedicated hunter. Seems to be working from what we have seen in the past three or four years.

4817720180927171034.jpg

9975220180927170921.jpg

Been wondering if you were gonna post up,, glad you did my friend.. the picture links aren't working though.. I'm lucky that you sent me a sneak peak after the success.. very cool.. great buck!!!!

Rink

Check your PM rmanwill!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

>Congrats again my friend. The body
>on that deer is amazing.
>Coming through Wednesday or Thursday.
>
>
>Rich

Are you guys messing with us Manwill ? I can't see anything ?

No. Not messing with you. I'm older - almost 58 years old and computer/electronic stupid!!! Not sure if it is my site server, but it pulls the photo address but the JPEG at the end. I've loaded photos a few years back, but due to my modern day stupidity, I've had a hard time the last few years. Now it won't even let me edit the post because it is 300 minutes old.

I'll see what I can figure out in between hunts/work and every thing else.

Rich, when passing through Utah County call me if you have time for lunch or dinner and I will buy!!!

rman,
maybe try emailing a couple pics to Founder, and he can probably add them to the post?

By the Way Congrats on a super deer!! I look forward to being able to see the pictures soon. :D

I added the photos. What a buck! Good for you.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Thanks guys. Better then most deer I see in limited entry units here in Utah and other states. Could not be happier!!!

Nice job rman!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Super buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wow Bro! That's an awesome buck!!!!!
huge congrats on such a wonderful trophy

Zeke

#livelikezac

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom