Can you use a bow during muzzleloader elk season?

bogart

I was curious if you could use a bow during muzzleloader elk season. I drew a unit 45 muzzleloader elk tag and would like to use my bow if it's legal. I looked in the regs and the way I read it it's legal but if someone knows for sure please let me know. Thanks

You can always use the current allowed weapon or go backwards and bow is backwards in technology compared to Muzzleloader.

Yes. As mentioned above, the weapon of the hunt or a lesser weapon that is legal.

You can use a rifle, muzzleloader, or bow on an Any Legal Weapon hunt but you can't use a spear on a Bow Only hunt because a spear isn't a legal weapon in NM.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom