Canada Border Reopening

To late. Our outfitter set a goal of August 1st to make it worth their efforts to open camps and this misses the mark for them. Looks like we wait another year. Sucks.......

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your hunt. I just heard from my outfitter. My November Alberta whitetail hunt is on.

But there are still issues to deal with. If you are flying the US still requires a Covid test not more than three days before the returning flight. Won't be getting that in hunting camp.

Hopefully the US does away with that rule before November. I have been trying to speculate on options. One would be to schedule three days after the hunt to get a test and get the results. Maybe pay for the test out of your pocket (And that's going to get into Thankgiving). Another option would be to fly to Alberta and rent a car and drive back or just drive over the border and then catch a flight.

So there are still a lot of issues to make this hunt happen. But if I don't make it happen it's going to be on my dime now.

Well the Canadians don't celebrate Thanksgiving at the same time we do in the US. So that may help a little.

To late. Our outfitter set a goal of August 1st to make it worth their efforts to open camps and this misses the mark for them. Looks like we wait another year. Sucks.......
Really?

After all the "we are starving to death" talk, and an outfitter gives up a year for a week?

I am curious, I don't know. Are outfitters getting some Canadian form of PPP? My understanding was the gov up there was doing low interest loans, but Im actually shocked any business after being shut down, at least partially, would just wait another year. Or that they could wait another year.

I am not aware of any funding opportunity for them outside of just holing up until this passes. Our outfitter is conservative, living within their means with no debt and good reserves of which they are very proud of. Solid operation so far carryimg over our deposits and dates.

I am not aware of any funding opportunity for them outside of just holing up until this passes. Our outfitter is conservative, living within their means with no debt and good reserves of which they are very proud of. Solid operation so far carryimg over our deposits and dates.

?

Just not how I'm wired.

Good luck next year, that sucks to have to delay

I had heard Canada fully opened with no requirement of a vaccine, has anyone else heard that ?

Also need a negative test not more than 72 hours before you go. And a quarantine plan. And I don’t know what else. But you will have to submit your information to Canada before you go.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Canada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Outstanding waterfowl or whitetail deer hunt in beautiful Saskatchewan, Canada.

Urge 2 Hunt

Premier hunts in Alberta for trophy whitetail, mule deer, elk, moose and black bear. Guaranteed tags.

Back
Top Bottom