Canada

Bugler

Just doing some interesting reading, I think the french military victories thing got me started. It seems as if a group of lawyers in good Ol Canada have idicted or plan on indicting our president George Bush for war crimes, Kofi Annan has even said the iraq war is against the UN rules.
I have but one thing to say to all in that boat, You want him? Come and get him eh. But uh bring your lunch and a clean set of underwear, you'll need both. Jackasses!
go to infotimes.net and read for yourselves. We're in it alone boys and girls, have been for sixty years or more just no one wants to admit it. All you subjects of the crown, wishin to be citizens.
Bugler

Bugler, I was in Bonners Ferry, Idaho last November and decided to drive into Canada because I had never been there. I left my rifle in the motel room and drove up to the border. We'll they asked me if I'd ever been arrested and I said I had due to a DUI back in 1993. So I was asked to come inside and fill out some paperwork. After it was all done they decided that I could not enter into Canada. I had no problem with that but they took everything out of the ole truck and searched every nook and cranny. I was starting to think that they were going to give me a cavity search, and I was thinking about making a run for it, ha ha. Then they told me I could go but first I had to load up all of my stuff. I can't blame them for all of the extra precautions since 9,11. Which brings me to my point. Because of the terrorist in the middle East there is no place safe and we are all under the scrutiny of our law enforcement and are arguably and justifiably treated like criminals. We, America have gone after the culprits and have led the world in freeing the people from being under the Talibans thumb. Who cares if we never find weapons of mass destruction. We've made the lives of the people of that part of the middle East bearable. You would think that the liberals would support this cause. But no matter how right it was to go to war, somebody is gonna find fault with it. Its too bad that a country on our owne continent which started about the same time as ours and grew as we did will not support us. All I can say is that I'm damned proud to live in America where I can owne a gun and protect myself and my family. I would have loved to see the scenery in Canada and more importantly I would love for our next door neighbor to be just that. A real neighbor. I don't know why our relations are not better with Canada than they are. But I wish they were. We have some great people on this site from Canada. I consider them neihbors. But I'll have to agree with you. If they want George then let the country of Canada come and get him. They can plan on going through me on there way to my President.
fatrooster.

Here is a thought,
The people in Canada are the most friendly, down to earth people I have ever met, the few times I have been up there hunting, I have never had a problem getting permission to hunt from dozens of farmers to hunt thousands of acres, It is actually shocking of how polite and laid back they are, especially scenes how i am a foriegner.
Even hanging around in the cities I have been impressed of how nice and outgoing the people are, A real shock compared to are major cities.
So before anybody starts beating on Canada because of their government not believing in a war, lets remember the people up there are good.
And WTF cares about politics on a hunting site. There are alot of good mm members from Canada that will take offense to these statements weather any was ment or not.

I agree with this last comment. The government in Canada seems to be out of touch with a lot of its citizenry. The government may hold the US in disdain, but by and large the population seems ok with us, as a country and as individuals.
Believe it or not, it's actually that way in FRANCE! I could not beleive how friendly, accomodating and gracious the people were over there. (Except for a few in Paris, but I don't generally like total urbanites no matter if they are from Paris or Chicago.)
HB

Well it must not be to serious considering ole George was up here in Canada himself spending some time with our Prime Minister just the other day. But I have to agree this is no place for politics lets see the horn.

Shane

I'll have to say that it is refreshing to see the good things you guys have to say about Canada and France. I'm glad to know that the people are down to earth. I hope that one day our countries will unite and become closer together.
fatrooster.

I have no doubt taht there are good Canadians, Thats not what i implied, what I said was there was a group that planned on indicting OUR President, our leader of this nation and if they wanted him to come fetch him. My statement was meant to highlight the ignorant idea and expose them for their lunacy... And as far as politics goes, I believe there was a little politics on here during the pres race, and the politics involved in the USO scandal so on and so forth. Nevermind..........

I think it is the same in almost any country you go to. You go out in the countryside and the people are very friendly and polite. The closer you get to the big cities the worse it gets.

Also, I don't know if many of you watched the election on the internet or not but I did and it was amazing to look at all the states and see exactly county by county how the voting was going. Almost all of the states were mostly republican exept the bigger cities. Even California. Kind of scary.

I know what you meant Bugler. I agree- if they come to get our President, I'll be the one flanking them from Indiana...they won't suspect that!
HB

Painting any people with a broad brush just because a small minority may say or do something is a very slippery slope. Do Canadians live in Igloos? Yes! But only in the Artic. Doesn't mean all Canadians live in Igloos. LOL!
069729.gif

DUVY,
This is a little off the thread but you mentioned you had hunted up in Canada a few times. From your post it sounded like you were unguided.

Can you hunt Canada as a non-resident without a guide?

If so, can you share some details (what species, what province, etc)?

Thanks,
Lance

Psst, keep it under your hat, was kinda hoping bush would pull it of in election. Just don't tell nobody, me being Canadian and all.

Horseshoe;

Then you must be one of those good old boys from B.C. or Alberta, not one of those bent wrists frogs from Quebec.

RELH

ME! ME! Not me, I would never start a riot.

idhunters

I don't know about other provinces but up here in Saskatchewan Americans can come and hunt waterfowl without a guide. Just spot some birds and go ask permission. No fees to pay other than your license. Can't hunt for big game here unguided though.

Saskman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom