canadain moose

lhrbull

does anyone have thoughts about BC safaris,Little Dease Ventures, Stone mountain Safaris, or Tuchodi River, They all sound good just would like
a hunters thoughts.

I would run with Stone Mountain on that one, Know guys who have guided for them. Nice area lots of game

Look up moose hunting in BC on U Tube and go to Proguide66
vids, Stone Mountains area

Hope this helps

Do not want to hijack this threat, but does anybody have any comments/info on moose hunts with Skinner Creek Hunts in BC. They took over the area that Niut Trails Outfitting previously hunted. Any info on their area and quality would be appreciated. Thx

Go with the Lancaster's. Been with them several times and they are top notch. Horseback or a boat hunt. Do a combo hunt for Mtn Caribou or Mtn Goat.

Stone Mtn is a great outfit.

If you want a Yukon outfitter I can give you a list of top notch places.

I like the Lancasters but have never hunted with them. I dined with then a couple times in SLC. I have hunted with Stone Mtn Safaris and had a great hunt for moose and sheep.

6334p1010146.jpg

I had an awesome hunt last year with Gundahoo, great animals, great people, great camps etc. i don't know how you could make anythign better then they have it. Wasn't mentioned in your list, but just a little farther up the road.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-13 AT 02:43PM (MST)[p]You can't leave us hanging without showing pictures! I went up to BC as well with a different outfitter and shot a pretty good bull. I had a blast. Maybe our two adventures can help breathe some life into this BC forum. I'll work on my post with pictures.

4688mark_moose.jpg

4856mark_moose_2.jpg

9861mark_moose_3.jpg

Here's the great bull that lhrbull (Mark) shot with Stone Mountain Safari.
Now I'll ask him to get on here and tell us the details and the whole story. I can't wait!

Zeke

lhrbull,
Is that the Tetsa river camp?
I think I caped my Stone sheep righ on that very same proch.
Zeke

no that is the old cook cabin at ram camp it is now a hunter and guide cabin thanks again for posting the pictures

Well I decided to go with
Stone Mt. Safaris. It was 1345 miles from home to the lodge two long days of driving. Then we had a day off before we rode in to the hunting camp to let the horses rest up because they had just come out the day we arrived. It was a 6 hr ride in through some very beautiful country didn't see anything on the way to camp. The following morning we rode out of camp headed for a saddle between the long valley we were camped in and another on the other side. On the way up we spotted some stone ewes and lambs they just walked up a large ridge we had rode past. I turned around in the saddle to check on the sheep when I turned back around there was the moose headed right for us. I got the guides attention I could see it was legal from the three brow tines he agreed and I took the shot 300 weatherby 180gr nosler e=tips and additional follow up shot and he was down. He green scored after 26 days drying 2013/8 gross and 196 2/8 net. It was a short hunt but it fulfilled the whole dream.

That's a helluva bull Mark!
Beautiful trophy and you should be proud of that bull. The score is to revere the critter anyway and he is certainly fine!
He'd have made all-time book if you wouldn't have waited 7 months to measure him. ha
Well done man, well done on a fine bull!
Zeke

the other part that is kind of funny about that is if he didn't have the 4th brow tine and was 3 on each side the scorer said he probally would have made the book because i had enough gross points that the removal of the one tine and lose of the brow tine width wouldn't have helped the net score

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Canada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Outstanding waterfowl or whitetail deer hunt in beautiful Saskatchewan, Canada.

Urge 2 Hunt

Premier hunts in Alberta for trophy whitetail, mule deer, elk, moose and black bear. Guaranteed tags.

Back
Top Bottom