Canned hunts - Keith Warren Hunting Show

C

CountingCoo

This story made me sick. I encourage you to read it and then go visit the Keith Warren hunting forum and let him know how you feel.

http://www.donahue.tv/hobbies/hunting.html

After you read this you will have a better appreciation for the 3 shows that Keith Warren did for the Outdoor Channel recntly.

"The Saskatchewan Safari continues as Keith goes after a trophy bull elk, spotting & stalking with his bow." How proud he must be......

http://www.texasangler.com/hoa/2004schedule.htm

Keith Warren wil never see a dime of my money. How can the Outdoor channel air this crap?

I don't know if this is a true story or not. When I got down to the part where the guy shot his 150 pound whitetail five times in the neck and it kept going.....he even claims he hit it in the neck five times.

This might surprise some of you, but not everything you see or read on the internet is true.

I don't know any of the people involved in this story. I've never even heard of Keith Warren, as I don't get the Outdoor channel. It's just that common sense tells me there is something fishy going on.

Just my opinion, what do you guys think?
Steve

i saw this on another forum. Texasbowhunter.com For those of you that don't know keith warren is a local texas outdoors show host. he supposedly put in a plug for this guy up in canada and some other guy (the one that wrote the article) didnt do his research and paid for a canned hunt. if you will read the guy got exactly what he paid for- four animals for $8900. i dont agree with how they are hunting inside the fence but some people dont have a problem with it. i think this guy could have found this out before he got there. apparantley with mr warren's preaching of ethical harvest etc he actually done a show inside the pen. now he is being called a hypocrite.

We all have different ideas about ethics and we can never make everybody happy. My personal thoughts are that the hunter didn't probe deep enough to know for sure how the hunt would be conducted. As far as the outfitter goes, according to the story, it sounds like there is some false advertisement going on.
The hunter should have asked for references that have already hunted with the outfitter. fatrooster.

Keith Warren shoots lots of penned animals. Anyone who is even vaguely familiar with him and his TV show know this.

the majority of his hunts are canned. i saw his show today where he was in wright, wyoming hunting antelope on a golf course. technically it was free range and fair chase, but the antelope have no fear of people whatsoever and he sat there in the open on the green as a doe stood there about 20 yards away waiting to get shot.

Krusty.jpg

That hunt on the golf course may look easy, but give them lopes about two days of hunting and they arn't so tame anymore...

I saw that same show... and I wouldn't classify that as a "Canned Hunt", that is basically a town that has a terrible antelope problem that is begging people to come shoot as many antelope as possible. Because that golf course was the only green oasis for miles thats where the antelope were... that said, it was pretty funny that Keith was still wearing his camo clothing... I guess he didn't want to loose any indorsement money.

I'v seen several of his shows including the "Bison Hunt" from that ranch that were definately canned.

"I don't know if this is a true story or not. When I got down to the part where the guy shot his 150 pound whitetail five times in the neck and it kept going.....he even claims he hit it in the neck five times."

eelgrass, Click on the first link and scroll down and you will see the Whitetail with the 5 shots in his neck.

I have seen Keith Warrens' show where he is talking about this place. This is really bad as far as canned hunting goes. Now if these animals were in say 2000+ acres and there was some steep canyons and some dificult terrain it would be better. These anomals were killed in a flat open enclosure.
A Canned hunt is still a canned hunt.

>I saw that same show... and
>I wouldn't classify that as
>a "Canned Hunt", that is
>basically a town that has
>a terrible antelope problem that
>is begging people to come
>shoot as many antelope as
>possible. Because that golf course
>was the only green oasis
>for miles thats where the
>antelope were... that said, it
>was pretty funny that Keith
>was still wearing his camo
>clothing... I guess he didn't
>want to loose any indorsement
>money.
>
>I'v seen several of his shows
>including the "Bison Hunt" from
>that ranch that were definately
>canned.

wasn't trying to imply that the golf course was a canned hunt. just didn't seem terribly difficult with him and the camera man standing rock-throwing distance away from a couple antelope. after the arrows start flying, i bet it's a different story. it'd probably be an excellent hunt for a rookie archery hunter. my dad and i thought it was funny, too that he still had all his camo on.

Krusty.jpg

excaliber,

I stand corrected! For some reason my computer had a hard time scrolling down on that link. My apology to the post and to the author.
Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom