Canning

Man I am a canning fool. Take out all the good steak and roast cuts and can the rest. Just had some canned moose meat from Newfoundland for supper tonight. Incredible!!

the day I shoot an antelope I am going to be trying this recipe.

It's good stuff. I'll do it with chicken, pork, or beef if the grocery store runs a good sale.

Also fill the jar half with meat and the other half with your favorite vegetables to make ready to eat stew or soup.

You hardly have to trim the meat too. The cooking breaks down all that chewy stuff.

I am going to can meat this year, I have been saying that for 20 years now, I had some canned meat about 25 years ago, Icould not beleive how good it was. I am in the process of buying a All American 21 qt pressure canner and a hot plate, total cost about 475.00. I read Death in a bottle and sounds great. I would like any info that anyone has on adding garlic, little corn, other veggies and spices. Or is there a better set up than what I have listed

You'll like that canner. I have the same brand, but 15qt.

I just canned some wild pig and pronghorn. Put cubed meat, and a beef bullion cube in a pint jar and follow the instructions.

You can add just about anything you want to the jars. I usually can the meat and add it to vegetables or rice later.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom