Can't Draw Region H Deer as a 2nd choice?

2rocky

Reading some other posts here I saw a comment that a 2nd choice of Region H would not be drawn in the Regular Draw.

Could someone explain why that is the case please? Is this rgardless of the # of PP one has?

nevermind, found it in the FAQ's

A. The drawing is conducted from among those with the highest point totals. For example, if there are 10 licenses available in a given area and there are 20 applicants who have maximum points, half of those 20 would be successful. Applicants with less than maximum points would have no mathematical chance until those with more points have received licenses.
Q. What are my chances of drawing a license on a second or later choice?
A. It depends on the hunt area. There are five choices on the application, but you need only one choice to validate the application. If more applicants list an area as their first choice than there are licenses available, anyone listing that area as a second or later choice have no chance. In some areas, particularly private land antelope areas in eastern Wyoming, there are typically far fewer first choice applicants than the license quota. This makes those areas possible to draw on later choices. On the other hand, public land antelope areas are usually oversubscribed on the first choice. This makes it difficult to draw those areas on the first choice and impossible to draw on later choices. Hunters should be aware that private land areas require the permission of the landowner before going hunting. The G&F advises hunters to obtain permission before listing a private land area on any choice on their application.

John,
Been awhile since I have seen you post on here, how are things out there on the farm land? If you are not busy this SAT. the 15th, come into town as I will be helping direct traffic for the American Graffitti car show down town and I will be parked by the McNear Theater. The '34 Ford Blue Coupe.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

IF YOU APPLIED FOR THE HIGH PRICED TAG VS. THE CHEAPIE TAG IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE........WHICH DID YOU APPLY FOR ???........................JUST A THOUGHT........YD.

Kilowatt, I'll come look for you after 2pm. We will be BBQing for a Customer Appreciation Lunch 11-1 on Lakeville.

YD thanks for the heads up on the Special tag. Looks like I could draw it as a 2nd choice if I pony up the $. I'm looking ahead to 2011, since I drew the General Elk Tag for this year. if I work it right I'll be able to hunt somethin' every year in WY as long as Draw odds stay about the same.

John,
Most likely we will have on YELLOW t-shirts as we are part of the "crew" working that day. I should be close by the "coupe" in a chair in the shade. There is usually 4 of us together, a light Green Mercury Sunliner that was in Peggy Sue Get's Married, a light blue 55 Chevy PU, a black '53 Ford Vicky and my blue coupe. Just 4 old farts having a good time.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom