Can't find T/C Omega

D

Dinero

Well, i've been a dedicated white shooter since '94, but all the talk has pushed me into getting an Omega. Problem - cannot seem to locate anywhere that has a stainless/laminate in stock. Any suggestion?

Gator;

I tried midsouthshootersupply.com and "cheaper than dirt" gun supply appeared on my screen. So I did a Thompson search and no Omegas are available.
Is there another website for mid south that you share with us? My workmate is interested in a new SS Omega also and refills to store outlets will be slow this year due to on-line backlog & demand. He called to order one... a guy from Thompson told him to expect it in September. Ouch!

Well Gator, that figures. I must've missed all those Omegas on sale last month at Midsouth by a whisker, cause it ain't so now.

I placed my order for a SS/laminate on 12/6/02 and it's STILL on backorder there, along with 20 others of that style. I spoke with their customer service a few times since 12/6, and the ones that were coming in the end of Dec, well, that slipped out to mid January, then that slipped out to 1st of Feb. Good news is, last Tuesday they said they believe some of these will be coming in early next week.

Needless to say I'm achin to get one, too. Hope they get more than 21 of em, but their customer service group said they didn't even know if they'd get all those backorders filled.

I called T/C last month to see what was up. They said they had 6,000 of the Laminated/SS Omegas on backorder, and 2,400 of the Camo SS backordered. Kinda popular, huh? They said they would likely fill the last of those orders around AUGUST of this year. So git one on order NOW if you're considering gettin one.

One other option would be to check out auctionarms.com and type in the word Omega in the search window. Last week I saw a SS/lam for sale, brand new, but for $400. If you REALLY want one bad and want to contribute to the art of scalping, there's an option. Good luck gittin yours, you will, but be patient. Heck of a handsome rifle.

Well, if anyone wants a blued/black synthetic Omega in .50 cal, I'm selling mine. It's a good shooter, new condition.

Cabelas.com just got a whole slew of Omegas in!

Honey!.. I swear I got that stainless rifle free from an elderly widow at work that recently lost her husband.. I would never lie to you babycakes!

Sorry to pass this on, but it is what it is.........

Worse news from Midsouthshooters supply...........I called em today and the lady said "I don't know WHY anyone would've told you last week that we'd have your backorder (for an Omega Stainless Steel lam. stock that I placed with them on 12/6/02) in this week.......we have NO idea when T/C is shipping them"..........

Swell, huh? Burst my bubble all to heck.

"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." -- Al Capone

I'm asking $300 for it which includes a spare breech plug ($15), original box, copy of the receipt (I paid $330), and I pay for shipping.

Am also including 8 QT Polymer Spitzer by PRBullets in 300 grains--can be bought @ Cabelas under the Cabelas Xtended range bullet label (bullets are .45 cal).

This gun is sighted in to shoot that bullet 3-4 inches high @ 100 yds with 110 grain of 777.

Bill

Got my new Omega about a month ago at Wally World. I got the SS Camo for $412. Think this is the same price as MidSouthShooterSupply.com/. I had to special order it, but before I put my deposit down, I had the clerk check with their dealer to make sure they were in stock. I wanted the laminate, but settled on the camo as this is what was available.

Give it a try!

Thanks for the tip, I've already called the few Wally's that are out here in California. Go figure that practically none of them carry firearms out here, and those that do have few, and no muzzles.

I gotta move to a state someday where firearms aren't a nasty thing to talk about.......

Just got my Spring Master Catalog from Cabela's two days ago and they have them in there, give them a call or go to their website and check for availablity of stock.

Brian***

Did you ask the few Wally Worlds that sell guns if they can special order for you?

I also heard Cabela's got a new shippment in. You might try them, but again, you will probably pay a little bit more.

Best of luck!

BadBry

Thanks, fellas. Cabela's might have a few in, but they want about $100 more ($459) for the ss laminated than what I ordered one from Midsouth for ($362). This is the old axiom in work (at least, I hope) where patience will pay off.

Actually I did get a number for Walmart H/Q, just no luck yet. Had a shot at picking one up on auction arms, for only $390, but got outbid and didn't want to go above the $400 limit I set on myself for a muzzleloader, so I lost out there.

Last call I made to Midsouth was early this week, they called T/C, and T/C told them "2-4 weeks more, but you can't hold us to that".

So el cheapo continues to wait. I'll have an Omega one way or another, one price or another, one type or another for sure by May. Thank you for all your hints and advice, very kind.

Call up the Basspro Shop in Spingfield Missouri. My buddy was just there he told me they had them(Omega) on the rack, it's worth a quick call.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-03 AT 05:12PM (MST)[p]Hey gator, sorry man, but that's not quite correct. And you had me all fired up that I might've found one, dang it. Your buddy was PART right, BassPro has some of the Omegas, but not the one we've been scrapin for in this thread (the laminated stock/ss model, model 8926).

I spoke to a guy at the BassPro shop in Springfield Mo this afternoon. He said that they carry (3) of the (4) types of Omegas, the one they DON'T carry of course is the laminated stock. His guess was that it's because they're hard to get (well yeah, duh). Their catalog also only offers the (3) types (camo/ss, black/ss and black/blued). Figures I'd want the tough one to get. Just be that much sweeter when they are available, though I guess.

So thanks for trying for those of us looking for this beauty, that I greatly appreciate.

Thanks for the tip, TripleSe7en. It does "appear" that way, doesn't it? Great price, too. I wrote to them and asked them to let me know if they have any truly in stock. I'll let everyone know what I find out as soon as I hear back. The downside might be that they had a P.O. box listed as their address, so this might be a mailorder shop that just takes orders as a "middle man". I hope that's not the case, cause it'll mean a long wait I'm sure. I will let you guys know and thanks again for the tip......

Yours truly, still Omegalessman....

I'll tell ya, if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all on trying to find one of these laminated Omegas.....

Just spoke with the good folks at D & R Sports Center. They immediately said the same thing that I've heard again and again, that is that T/C is having a heck of a time getting these particular guns out, and that D & R could place an order, but it would be a backorder with only a guess of a month or two delivery.......

Sign me Laminated Omega strikeout king.....

Different day, different story. After speaking at length with Mark at D & R, I placed an order with him for an Omega 8926 (ss laminated stock). He said it would ship within "a couple of weeks", and the reason he has better luck with delivery from T/C than other guys is because he is a T/C distributor, and he orders guns for Cabelas, BassProshops, etc. So maybe this is the ticket, I'll let you guys know when I do. And yeah, my other Omega is STILL on order with MidSouth (order placed 12/6/02). Last I heard it'd be another 3-6 weeks, and with that got a comment "but you can't hold us to that". I'm sure hopin that's the case......

The same thing happen early last year when me and a buddy order ours He order his from Cabelas and was told he would have to wait 45-60 days I order mine from Basspro because they told me it would only be 2 weeks, Wel he got his in 2 weeks and I got mine in 6 1/2 weeks, so take what they say with a grain of salt it might be true and it might not.I hope you get one I really the ones I got.

Thanks, Gator. Received an email from D & R this morning. Mark told me he's put me on top of the list (how nice is that) and has received my Omega and will be shipping it to me on Monday. Wait'll you see my next post, it'll be a dandy (one way or another).

THANK YOU SO MUCH TripleSe7en and Gator!!!

I'll tell you guys this.......D & R Sports is a WINNER!!! I received my Laminated SS Omega model 8926 this morning, 12 days after I ordered it. And 7 of those 12 days were UPS shipping from Pennsylvania to California!

I can't say enough about how well I was treated by Mark of D & R Sports, especially after being so jerked around by Midsouth shooting supply on the same gun order since 12/6/02 (it' been over three months and they STILL didn't have it in when I checked/cancelled the order last week. The guy at midsouth was stunned when I told him how quickly another distributor took care of me on this.

So dinero, if you're still looking for a SS model 8926, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend going to D & R. This is my new dealer of choice and I sure hope that some of the rest of you guys out there give Mark a shot at your next gun order. Good price, great delivery, that's tough to match.......

What a cool looking shooter; well balanced, crisp trigger, beautiful wood. Ah, the joy of a new toy. Three guesses to what I plan to be doing this coming Saturday......Thanks again everybody, I wouldn't have this gun in my warm live hands if it weren't for you and your help! What a forum........

66798475kTpceG_ph.jpg

How much did it cost you and can you give me some info on where you got it? (ie how I can contact them)

Thanks
BBOY

BBOY.............

Go back to post #19 of this thread....it has a link to D & R sports center. They're located in Pennsylvania, and the owner, Mark, is very customer friendly, that's for sure. And talk about a testimonial from a person critical about customer service, you couldn't get a better recommendation or condemnation from yours truly. I grew up in the 50s and 60s, as a paper boy and then spent the last of my teens working in a service station (when the word "service" actually meant something).

My cost a few weeks ago was $379 plus shipping. I saw that the cost today is $402 plus shipping. That's still far better than $459 at Cabela's..............

You might be able to cut a better deal with Mark, I have no idea. Tell him that you read about my post on Monster Muleys (he asked me to spread the word about my good experience with him, after the 3 month long pain in the butt experience I had with Midsouth shooters supply) and you'd like the same deal, maybe he'll give that to you. Good luck!!!! It's a REAL sweet looking shooter, I'll tell ya that. Real sweet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom