Careful folks

I guess his injuries weren't too severe since they opted to spend two hours carting him down the mountain. A helicopter ride would have likely been about 30 secs. or so

I guess his injuries weren't too severe since they opted to spend two hours carting him down the mountain. A helicopter ride would have likely been about 30 secs. or so
the fly-boys must've had their hours in this month already.

I live at the base of the mtn here and there's a helo extraction about every 3 weeks or so. I've been on site for 2 or 3.

Apparently they need a certain number of hours to maintain their "standing" and it' was explained to me thusly:

Extract to the trailhead= free. Extract to IHC hospital 3 miles further on = $30K.

Most folks have chosen the trailhead option, although none of the ones I've been involved in have been truly medical emergencies....

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom