Caribou antler prices?

G

groundhog

I was curious what Caribou antlers are going for these days? I can usually do pretty well pickin em up but I am not sure that it is worth flying them out and then shipping them to the lower 48. We have made some pretty cool lamps out of them in the past.
Probably not worth it.... Maybe I will just send you guys some as they lay shots and call it good. Finally I can send as they lay shots without having to worry about the back ground!

I would give you a good price if you could get me some really REALLY BIG ones. They don't have to be matched sets, just extremely high scoring singles. Let me know if you can come up with something.

Most of the Caribou antlers I find are not huge. Alot of average bulls and cows. One problem is that I find them in June and by that time of year they are already starting to turn white on the exposed side.At least they are easy to see. The other side is dark brown. I have found some big ones though. I find a lot of big racks while hiking. These are killed by natives that take everything but the head (minus the tongue) and antlers. They figure if you can't eat it, it isn't worth packin home.

I would be interested in getting a nice set or a couple of different sides from you. It doesnt matter if one side is white or not. Let me know what it would cost.

I asked this question more out of curiousity than anything. I think Caribou antlers are cool and I was wondering if they bring more per pound than say elk antlers. To be honest I am not really in to selling antlers. I just enjoy finding them! I will let a friend of mine that lives up there know, he may be interested in selling some big ones. I will send some pics in June.

I think you could easily get Elk antler prices, and possibly even Moose antler prices for the really big ones.

I’ve got some big deer antlers mule and white tail and big elk and caribou one of my white tail scores over 200

You can get 17.00 a pound for premium brown, you’re better off selling antlers with a lot of character or big antlers for a set price. It’s tough when you’re paying back country air fare. Example these Moose sheds from Alaska last year, once in the lower 48 around 900.00 a single. It weighs 28lb and scores 89 inches
IMG_2360.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom