Caribou/Moose combo

OLDHORNHUNTER

Very Active Member
Hey looking for some info I know the caribou #s are way down across Alaska , was hoping to maybe do a combo hunt here in the next couple of years. Guided or semi, anyone have any guide info good & bad that do these combos ? If everything worked out it would be 4 or 5 guys, really doesnt matter if its a fly in ride in or float trip looking at all options.

Give Lyle Becker a call (Alaska Skookum Guide Service). He has a federal concession in the Brooks Range. I know they get some nice moose and caribou up there. I hunted brown bears with him this spring on the peninsula and had a great hunt, he’s a good guy and very organized.

Give Lyle Becker a call (Alaska Skookum Guide Service). He has a federal concession in the Brooks Range. I know they get some nice moose and caribou up there. I hunted brown bears with him this spring on the peninsula and had a great hunt, he’s a good guy and very organized.
Hey thanks for the info, How did your bear hunt go ?

It was a good time. Surprisingly the weather was pretty nice and I shot a nice boar on day 6. He was 9’4” and his skull measured 26 15/16”. I definitely thought he delivered, food was good for a wilderness hunt and I got along great with my guide and packer. I spent some time with Lyle before the hunt and one of his other guides during the hunt and they all seemed like a good bunch. He’s what I would call a smaller operation that isn’t trying to overbook hunters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom