Carson national forest

They gota do it to many idiots that think the rules dont apply to them and still have fires

This will hurt some businesses... but they had to do it. It is drier than it has ever been in my lifetime... I'm 63. We have artesian springs that I have never seen run dry that are dry now. I think this is mostly because of no snow last winter. Lowest snow pack in recorded history in the Sangre De Cristos Pray for Rain.
Jack

Yup, I was back home for a few days up in Questa and I was talking with the folks. I was told that this is the 1st time on forever that the stream coming down from Heart lake into Cabresto lake was dang near dry. We need rain bad and lots of it. I remember back in the day we would drive along the Rio Grande and stop and watch the water flow over that wooden bridge in the canyon near Pilar. As I passed by it this weekend it was a brutal reminder of a bad winter and not much of a runoff.

>Yup, I was back home for
>a few days up in
>Questa and I was talking
>with the folks. I was
>told that this is the
>1st time on forever that
>the stream coming down from
>Heart lake into Cabresto lake
>was dang near dry. We
>need rain bad and lots
>of it. I remember back
>in the day we would
>drive along the Rio Grande
>and stop and watch the
>water flow over that
>wooden bridge in the canyon
>near Pilar. As I passed
>by it this weekend it
>was a brutal reminder of
>a bad winter and not
>much of a runoff.

Any rain in the carson this weekend?

>>Yup, I was back home for
>>a few days up in
>>Questa and I was talking
>>with the folks. I was
>>told that this is the
>>1st time on forever that
>>the stream coming down from
>>Heart lake into Cabresto lake
>>was dang near dry. We
>>need rain bad and lots
>>of it. I remember back
>>in the day we would
>>drive along the Rio Grande
>>and stop and watch the
>>water flow over that
>>wooden bridge in the canyon
>>near Pilar. As I passed
>>by it this weekend it
>>was a brutal reminder of
>>a bad winter and not
>>much of a runoff.
>
>
>Any rain in the carson this
>weekend?

Some parts yes, others... barely.
The forecast is starting to look up though.

Finally got a good rain at my place yesterday .4" but some places are still dry if the storm track continues think CNF will re open soon.
Jack

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom