CC Hits have Started

I wonder how long we have to wait to see which tag it is. Wasn't it 1.5 to 2 weeks before the portals were updated in years past?

Congrats to you guys! Eesh Skykarp, TopRut says 80% @19pts. You make somebody mad at AZGFD? lol

I can't remember from previous years. Will this all be over by the end of today? Just curios with Utah apps due tomorrow.

I can't remember from previous years. Will this all be over by the end of today? Just curios with Utah apps due tomorrow.
For the most part, it is already over.

Will be a few dribbling-in as things settle, but history shows it's virtually over.

For the most part, it is already over.

Will be a few dribbling-in as things settle, but history shows it's virtually over.
thanks AZH. I was hoping for a shot at a 27 archery tag with 17 points and a little help with the increased tags this year.

Long time form reader first time posting. Finally have something worthwhile drew early archery in a premium unit. Looking for outfitter recommendations, my unit is in the Coconino.

Long time form reader first time posting. Finally have something worthwhile drew early archery in a premium unit. Looking for outfitter recommendations, my unit is in the Coconino.
What unit? That’s a big part of the state

5B North.
Jayman, Hunter Weems, Arizona Custom Hunts, would be an excellent choice. He did a scouting package for me on a tag my son drew in 5BN. Son killed one of the biggest bulls to come out of that unit in the year he drew.

2E9FB34A-09CA-4A14-9A17-D8326E6945BC.jpeg

First AZ elk tag. 3B was my first choice so I would assume that's what I drew.

Any recommendations on guides for the archery on 3B?

First AZ elk tag. 3B was my first choice so I would assume that's what I drew.

Any recommendations on guides for the archery on 3B?
Could be your 2nd choice depending on your point level and unit. Either way, congrats

Could be your 2nd choice depending on your point level and unit. Either way, congrats
Thanks! I had 4 non resident points so that was my logic on the first choice. I’d be just as happy with my 2nd choice though!

No love from Arizona this year, but both elk and antelope were Hail Maries. On the bright side after spending months trying to get components I need to hand load some 20ga TSS turkey loads everything is coming together. Only need .410 components now.
Wish all that drew luck and keep the rest of us up to date on your hunts.

Another year of not drawing. Just a bigger number with 27 NR elk points. Thank god I started this odyssey when I was young.

Think I just got screwed!
my card was tagged for fraud and g&f was declined.
Is there any recourse or am I out of luck?
Ed

Last edited:
Saw on another local AZ board that a couple of guys woke-up to credit card hits this morning. Still some hope for a few, maybe?? ;)

The AZGF Portal has been updated! At least it shows what my draw results are for this year.
Yaaahooo! Going archery bull hunting in my favorite unit again this year.

Good luck to all that drew this year, and keep your fingers crossed for the monsoons to hit on time this year.

Looks like some lucky wounded warrior will be getting a unit 23 late bull permit from me.

Kudos to you for that ODW.
Are you sure you are ready to "throw in the towel"? I would be honored to help you anyway I can if you can find the gittyup to go. I'm 66 now & I was fortunate to draw last year. I hunted the entire season & it about whipped my butt several times but, when it came time to put in this year, I decided I'm gonna keep on keepin on until they're throwin dirt on my grave.
I am retired now & I am absolutely serious with my offer.

Elkchaser

Kudos to you for that ODW.
Are you sure you are ready to "throw in the towel"? I would be honored to help you anyway I can if you can find the gittyup to go. I'm 66 now & I was fortunate to draw last year. I hunted the entire season & it about whipped my butt several times but, when it came time to put in this year, I decided I'm gonna keep on keepin on until they're throwin dirt on my grave.
I am retired now & I am absolutely serious with my offer.

Elkchaser

lastyearhunting.jpg

I appreciate the offer, but this would be me with the addition of an oxygen cannula. I don't want to put that onus on anyone. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I'm on O2 24/7, which is the major problem at any higher altitude. I use an electric oxygenator at home & have to carry a small tank when I go somewhere. Otherwise, I would be good to go!

View attachment 70403

I appreciate the offer, but this would be me with the addition of an oxygen cannula. I don't want to put that onus on anyone. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I'm on O2 24/7, which is the major problem at any higher altitude. I use an electric oxygenator at home & have to carry a small tank when I go somewhere. Otherwise, I would be good to go!
Well, Dang! How about I bring you a generous amount of elk meat if I finally pull it all together this year? And, of course, I would like to offer any assistance you may need with that busload of Ukrainian refugees you referred to in another post!

Well, Dang! How about I bring you a generous amount of elk meat if I finally pull it all together this year? And, of course, I would like to offer any assistance you may need with that busload of Ukrainian refugees you referred to in another post!
That's a nice offer, but I bet you know other folks who would appreciate the elk meat more than me.

As for the refugees, there's already line at my front door waiting for the gals' arrival. If you hurry over, I can sneak you to the front of the queue. Bring some tequila & limes. ;)

That's a nice offer, but I bet you know other folks who would appreciate the elk meat more than me.

As for the refugees, there's already line at my front door waiting for the gals' arrival. If you hurry over, I can sneak you to the front of the queue. Bring some tequila & limes. ?
Could be fun! I wonder if they know how to skin an elk? Sure would require a bunch of Graham Crackers, Hershey bars, & marshmellows to keep em entertained around the campfire!

Tony , I got my 3a 3c early Bull Rifle tag. With just 7 points. I didn't think at 66 I would ever get another trophy tag. God bless Buddy and I will shoot a big one for you. Don't know how hunts I have left in Me. ..................BULL!

Tony , I got my 3a 3c early Bull Rifle tag. With just 7 points. I didn't think at 66 I would ever get another trophy tag. God bless Buddy and I will shoot a big one for you. Don't know how hunts I have left in Me. ..................BULL!
Yeah, I saw that. Congrats, Bob!

congrats3.gif

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom