Ceiling height for elk mount??

JACO

We are looking at buying a house, and my elk mount was recently finished. I haven't hung my mount on a wall yet, so I don't know how low it is going to hang, or how it will look. I would prefer vaulted ceilings, but one house we are considering has 9 foot ceilings. Does anyone have an elk mounted with 9 foot ceilings? How does it look? Does it hang too low? My mount is a semi sneak looking partially to the left. 350 class bull.

If you can't find a house with vaulted ceilings, you might want to look into putting your bull on a pedistal

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Go Measure your bull and find out exactly how tall he is. And if you don't like the measurment just buy a house and then add on a trophy room. everyone likes trophy rooms minus the cost of building them. Good Luck! Find the horn Goose!

I just put a bull up that goes 330" on a 9 ft wall and I'm really pleased with how he looks! PM me and I'll send you some pictures!

-J-

If you have plenty of floor space and limited wall height I'd recommend a floor pedestal. It's pretty hard to beat the lifelike look of a pedestal mount with scultured back and curve of the neck!

I have 9' ceilings amd ended up doing a pedestal mount. Im glad I did as the form I went with would have put him to close to the ground.

I have 9 1/2ft ceilings and my bull is way way to low for my liking. Just the perfect height to walk right into each and everytime. Bad height for moose and elk; at least in my house.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom