cell phones for hunting

V

venison

i plan on finally getting into the 21st century this season by purchasing a cell phone.which cell phones do best in the mountains(colorado)and which cell phone company do you think has the most reasonable rates as far as monthly cost and number of minutes etc. i appreciate any information you all have. thanks...jeff

You need to check thier services to see which one would offer the best service to your area.If you want service anywhere you might want to check into satelight phones,they are a bit pricey but if your going solo somewhere they are a good idea.You can also rent them.

A couple of years ago I replaced mine with a new phone thru Verizon and pay $35.00 @ month. I have never reached the minutes and I can call anytime in the eleven ( 11 ) western states NO CHARGES FOR LONG DISTANT OR ROAMING.
The signal is better than I had before but it all depends where you are.
Last year in the Grey's River area in Oct. could not get a signal till I went up on McDougall Pass to a higher elevation.

Brian

My 2 best buddies are big wigs for Verizon. They say that Verizon has more towers and repeaters in the west than just about anyone. Find out who has cell towers in your area and go with them. There might be a hundred towers in your area, but if you dont have a plan with one of those companies you are screwed.
Eric
062802drink_prv.gif

Verizon works best in the mountains here in CA. My phone switches from digital to analog signals depending on which tower is closest.

some work better than others at night,some work better than other at day! I got out in the YOLLAS BOLLAS near INDAIN #####
my partner with verizon could not mark a signal!mines ATT which seems to be getting worst in the city! back at camp he got out a
call and could not!best bet satelite phone(joking).
GMS won't work at all to new!give it a year.
get only a one year contract! phone tec is going to change again
very soon! good luck!

HAY THE TOWERS NUMBERS HELP,BUT THEY LEASE AND USE SAME TOWER FROM EACH OTHER!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom