central mountain manti pictures

shedhead

LAST EDITED ON Jun-06-16 AT 01:16PM (MST)[p] Come on guys let's see some pictures of some elk, alive or dead. My wife drew and we want to see what we will be seeing when we start scouting to get us pumped. Mid July can't come soon enough

Congrats to your wife. I also have a tag. Here are a few pics from last year.
1329image.jpg

89968image.jpg

I drew as well. We all need to get our info and keep everyone updated on what we say. I'm excited to spend more time on the mountain and it's nice having done family that run cattle up there to keep a watch as well

Here are a couple of my favorite trail camera pictures from my buddies trail cam from last year. I'd have loved to see how the one with the devil point turned out.

32928lookback.jpg

46519another.jpg

Here's another pic of the top bull in the previous post just under a month later. He put on some good growth between pics.

39587mb1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-16 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]There are plenty of places with great bulls.

Getting a mile from the roads will greatly increase your chances

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-16 AT 07:26PM (MST)[p]Ya, that is pretty much a no brainer. That's the only way too hunt. Great bull thanks for the pictures. Going up next weekend to do a glassing trip. Won't be able to go far just learn some areas to glass. I will post pictures if I get any

well we didnt make it down this last weekend had some other stuff come up, but we are going for sure this next weekend. i will pst some up if we get any.

Thanks for sharing. That pic was on the 15th, should still have a bit of growth left. Good bull and yes always fun to see. Thanks again and welcome to the forum.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-16 AT 03:06PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2016/30299wgi0677.jpg

48514wgi0679.jpg

74370wgi4112.jpg

67126wgi4116.jpg

90151wgi4126.jpg

25018wgi4568.jpg

52399wgi4572.jpg

Some trail cam pics from June. What are the MM thoughts? These are the best bulls from my cams with over 3000 pics. Would you move the cams or leave them? Where do you think the bulls will end up..200, 250, 270, 300+?

Thanks Willard. They mostly all have my wife's attention. She just wants a 6 point. She drew with 1 point so just getting to chase and see and hear them in the rut is what gets us excited. I just want her to have the best experience I can give her.

Willard, those are some good Bulls. The two pics in black and white. He looks like a pretty solid bull. I wouldn't be surprised it he topped out high 330's low 340s. Good luck!!! Shoot straight!

Looks like the same bull in the first 2 pics of the 2nd set of pics that's in the 1st set of pics ( does that make sense??). Pretty unmistakable 3rd. Grew more main and G5 in 12 days.

G5 on right side doesn't look the same to me. Could be a different bull.

If I had a chance to let an arrow fly at either on the Manti, I would. You could hold out for bigger, they are there. And you could go home to eat tag soup too. With archery equipment, that would be a true trophy. Good luck!

mickey,
I think they are looking GOOD.

I was VERY lucky and picked up a surrendered Manti archery
tag 2 days ago..............

I'll be hagging a tree stand and putting up a blind
on a couple holes over the next few days.

This hunt fits into my schedule nicely!
Both my kids already have cow elk permits and buck deer tags
on the Manti. Couldn't be SWEETER !

Looking forward to a LOT a days on the skyline over
the next couple months-------------Bring it on!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Congrats to all those with Central Mtns Manti LEE tags!! I live in Fairview and will have 4-5 horses on the mountain until November. A couple of things. I have a cabin at 9,000 feet above Fairview that is super comfortable stay. It has 3 bedrooms and a loft with 2 full baths. Nothing better than coming back to a good bed with warm shower. Very reasonable rates. Also, After you get a bull down save your back and a day of work and call me and I will come haul it out. Also I have some good bulls located and some good pics. Let me know if I can help. Not sure why I struggle to load pics. I will try again. PM If I can help and/or interested in Cabin and I will get you my cell.

5802320160715185342.jpg
not the best pic but it loOKs like a decent bull
1781420160716070809.jpg

I have a few others but my wife made me promise I would not show them until one is in the dirt! I pray I can make it happen

I excited for the hunt to begin but could also use another month or two to scout and prepare. Good luck to other archery tag holders and see ya on the mountain.

I hope to see more pictures to this thread as I just picked up a surrendered LE Manti Rifle Tag for Sept today!! Wahoo!! Scouting begins this weekend! Cant believe it!!

Opening weekend was brutal... Animals seem to have moved out and on to pre-rutting grounds. We saw a total of 3 cow elk on Friday morning, and that was it. How did everyone else fare?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom