Chalk one up for the Frenchies....

Swivelneck

Pre-holidays I purchased a Rib Roast and cut off the bones for later, making sure to leave plenty of meat on the bone.
I had planned to do the usual, which is a long slow BBQ session on the pellet grill. This has always turned out great and is well liked by all in the family.
By happenstance I noticed that the lady's Instant Pot has a "Sous Vide" setting on it. My pal has long been doing the sous vide deal for a long time and swears by it. I have heard him crowing for years about how well this French method of cooking broke down all type of meats, especially ribs that I figured what the hell, give it a shot!
I seasoned and vacuum sealed the ribs on Friday night and dropped em in the water at 150 degrees. There they stayed until Sunday morning. I then removed them from the bags, set aside the juice and put the ribs in the fridge.
I put some more seasoning on the ribs later in the afternoon and fired up the smoker to 275. An hour later they were warmed up so I pumped up the temp to 450, glazed em and let them get tacky. Pulled em off, let em rest and then it was showtime!
I'm a pretty skeptical guy by nature, so veering off of the tried and true doesn't come natural for me. That said, these ribs were the absolute best beef ribs I have ever had, anywhere.....period!
The consistency was perfect and the time on the grill gave them plenty of old school BBQ flavor.
The picture in the Tupperware is the ribs right after I pulled them out of the bags. They looked a little funky and I was more than a little concerned that I had seriously errored! If you have never tried this I encourage you to give it a go, I don't think you will be disappointed!

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG

Very Nice!

We bought one for my son, for Christmas.

His steaks have turned out okay but it the sear he is working on.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom