Chance to Comment on Tag Reissue Process

FrontRange

Looks like the CPAW is seeking input from 3000 people regarding the states process for reissuing returned tags. Kind of a lengthy questionaire but worth completing if you've got issues with the current system. My concern is the 4-minute delay in the posting of the refreshed list, were others seem to have figured out a way (including making money) to see the refreshed listing much quicker & my suggestion was to refresh the list so everyone can see it and then have the tags available once per hour during working hours, 5-days a week.

'If you have issues with the current system'.....are you kidding me?????? Our system, the re-issue process and these surveys are a f*&%(%$ing joke.

I love the system and wouldn't want to change too much about it. It works pretty well as is. I do like the idea of being able to buy a tag online after the season starts and I also like the idea of turning loose the higher point tags.

I think it's great Colorado keeps pissing with the draw system every year. Just wouldn't be right if they didn't. I will not be providing comment this time around. CPW politics just plan sucks...

Done. Told them how much I appreciated the opportunity! I am fine if they can get rid of bots picking up tags, but overall this is a great opportunity, would hate to see it go away.

cowhitey, did you see it personally on their website? Reason for my asking is that I logged in and bought licenses on Friday, and saw no reCAPTCHA during the process.

I suggested 1 leftover/reissue list posted @ start of each week, w random drawing 1 day later. Leftovers from each weekly drawing sold online. Also said if A list license is available the week before season starts, it becomes a B so someone who already has an A license can get another in the last week before season starts.

With last week's meeting cancelled, when will they roll out the new procedure if there is one? Also would the change be for 2020 or 2021?

I suggested 1 leftover/reissue list posted @ start of each week, w random drawing 1 day later. Leftovers from each weekly drawing sold online. Also said if A list license is available the week before season starts, it becomes a B so someone who already has an A license can get another in the last week before season starts.

Brilliant duds!, that is brilliant and agree 100%
don't need a bot or some Capthca BullS*%^ system issuing tags.

Only problem is, for many of the best tags, the particular season has already started by the time they get the tag returned, then contact each of the 5 under-winners to see about re-issuing it, as required by rule, and wait for each one to say yes or no. Saw this exact type of in-season relisting happen several times the last couple of years, and usually on the very best tags including elk, deer, sheep, goat and moose. So for example, for a Unit 61 early season Elk tag where the season is Oct 1-7, and say they're ready to drop it on the list it on Friday, Oct 2nd. I don't want them waiting until the following Monday to list it, and then wait until Tuesday, October 6th to have a draw for it.

Got enough .0005% draw odds as it is now.
Keep it as it is, effort equals results, the Captcha will kill any Bot assumptions.

Besides, I created 2500 Proxy replies to the survey so doubt it will change now.

There is a way to make it more fair I think but still reward people who are on the ball..

Example: 201 first rifle elk tag comes available at 10 am. Until 5 pm that day it is up for "raffle". One "raffle ticket" per CID # at say $20 per pop. They have the technology to do a quick "draw" and then notify the winner or losers with result that evening via email. If you are the lucky winner that tag is in the system for up to 48 hours for you get it printed out and paid for. It would cut all that nano second bull **** and ALL the how the f did that happen I was standing there at the CPW counter when the tag popped up and it was already gone. The money generated could go into CPW kitty or right to hunting conservations groups.

In the email they could add the raffle numbers, 76 participated, so you know the general odds and if it is worth participating.

Additionally, We all know you need to turn tag in 30 days in advance to get out points back minus the one you would have drawn. I suspect these last minute tag turn ins that show up during the season are "Medical Emergency" bullshit Hot and dry no storms in sight 20 plus points on the line....Oopsy daisy I think my back just went out...or maybe it was chest pains" I better get that note from Doc. Just make it 30 days no exceptions. I really think for that one legit last minute tag turn in their is 20 fakes.

Also, some of these top tags are just too vaualble for there not to be some hanky panky in certain cases. Hell if I was having pillow talk with my gal and she happened to be in the process, I might just accidently say "If one of these numbers is about to come up a sweety call would be nice....sure do love ya babe" just saying. She might not have a clue other than the face value of the tag is 46 bucks....and yer paying that anyways.... and not that it is actually worth 20 grand or more in some cases. A major felony theft that could lead to prison time. In an non accusatory memo those involved need to be reminded that these tags are in many cases worth many thousands of dollars and not any different than them having access to the cash drawer.

My suggestion was that the tags returned went to Colorado residents only for the first 24 hours. As we were the people who pay the taxes, live with the wildfires and crowds.

A 'period' should have happened at, '....went to Colorado residents.'
Period.
Live with the wildfires and crowds? being that you moved here, get used to crowds and hope that we have summers like last year - pleasant, mild and perfect.

Nothing needs to really change. The system works well and is fair. the only changes I would make is a layer of protection to prevent bots from buying tags and making sure the list is not available at all until it is updated on the page.

Otherwise it is agood system and gives everyone an opportunity.

As for the premium tags, I have known 5 guys who have gotten the premium tags, not a single one works for the CPW. Any proof that they are getting the tags?

I wouldn't change anything other than keeping Bots from getting tags. I picked up a tag that took a NR buddy 21 points to draw. the day before the season opened. My wife said she had never seen me so excited.

As a NR I don't want them messing with it in favor of residents. leave it alone.

As for the premium tags, I have known 5 guys who have gotten the premium tags, not a single one works for the CPW. Any proof that they are getting the tags?

Elks no proof just common sense that 20 years in law Enforcement, teaching Investigations and such. It has been proven me countless times that when something highly desirable and or valuable isnt watch EXTREMELY closely, corruption finds it way in the game. I would find it impossible to believe that in the current way they handle this there hasn't been favors, tips, holding, stalling, posting at key times or waiting to have the season open which require a person face to face at a CPW and they are gone in seconds. Elks maybe you would know 8 guys or get one yourself. Just my opinion but and opinion based on decades of experience.

Elks no proof just common sense that 20 years in law Enforcement, teaching Investigations and such. It has been proven me countless times that when something highly desirable and or valuable isnt watch EXTREMELY closely, corruption finds it way in the game. I would find it impossible to believe that in the current way they handle this there hasn't been favors, tips, holding, stalling, posting at key times or waiting to have the season open which require a person face to face at a CPW and they are gone in seconds. Elks maybe you would know 8 guys or get one yourself. Just my opinion but and opinion based on decades of experience.

The system is setup that no one knows when the tags will be added. The best anyone even the lady who runs the system can know is sometime in the next week after approved. So the very best anyone can get is this next week sometime between 8 am and 4pm a license might hit the list. I have looked greatly into this. the lady who runs the return system approves the license for reissue, the computer then uses a double random number generator to determine what time and what day that tag will be reissued.

The only advantage an employee might have is once the season has started left over currently have to purchased at a CPW office. Thus a person in an office might get first shot. But other than that, the system is pretty darn good at preventing what you mentioned.

Okay I don't see it that way...but enough. I know for a fact of two prime pronghorn tags turned in like six weeks in advance and showed up with like two days left in the season...anyways just wanting it to be fair and eliminate all this crazy nano second sleeping in the parking lot stuff...

Nothing needs to really change. The system works well and is fair. the only changes I would make is a layer of protection to prevent bots from buying tags and making sure the list is not available at all until it is updated on the page.

Otherwise it is agood system and gives everyone an opportunity.

Yes. I was less that 5 minutes away from the main branch of CPW off of broadway in Denver 2 years ago. I got a alert on the phone that 3 tags that would take 17 years to draw had just popped up. I raced to the office , ran inside and asked for the tag. NOPE all gone. I then noticed that all the computers at everyone's desk and station had the leftover list up on the screen. So I asked the guy."when you guys see a tag like this pop up or know it is going to pop up, can you go right on there and grab it? he says." absolutely ! a perk of the job"

GRRRRRRR sounds like a smoking gun to me....a perk of the job is a major felony theft... the actual value...not face value...those landowner tag would go for many thousands of dollars plus that plays into one of my previous comment they in your case don't even to try and hide it which indicates to me me it is way worse than I imagined They are keepers of this VALUABLE resource and it is STEALING

Yes. I was less that 5 minutes away from the main branch of CPW off of broadway in Denver 2 years ago. I got a alert on the phone that 3 tags that would take 17 years to draw had just popped up. I raced to the office , ran inside and asked for the tag. NOPE all gone. I then noticed that all the computers at everyone's desk and station had the leftover list up on the screen. So I asked the guy."when you guys see a tag like this pop up or know it is going to pop up, can you go right on there and grab it? he says." absolutely ! a perk of the job"

And? The other officers in the field all the time have no chance at all either. The only way they have any advantage is after the season has already started, but even then they have to find it.

GRRRRRRR sounds like a smoking gun to me....a perk of the job is a major felony theft... the actual value...not face value...those landowner tag would go for many thousands of dollars plus that plays into one of my previous comment they in your case don't even to try and hide it which indicates to me me it is way worse than I imagined They are keepers of this VALUABLE resource and it is STEALING
No the only tag they have any chance like that to get is a tag issued after the season started. They were faster. You could always go work there, of course none of you would stand up for the CPW officer who is in the field all day and never has any chance at a left over. By the way with thousands of people watching the left over and license offices all over the state how long do you suspect 3 tags to last?

No the only tag they have any chance like that to get is a tag issued after the season started. They were faster. You could always go work there, of course none of you would stand up for the CPW officer who is in the field all day and never has any chance at a left over. By the way with thousands of people watching the left over and license offices all over the state how long do you suspect 3 tags to last?
I think the issue is when the tags get released. Last year, many of the great tags got released a few days after the season started and were sold within 5 minutes, likely to a DOW employee or someone camped out at an office. It was probably the random release that week that caused the issue. The previous years it seemed like they released them right before the season started instead of waiting on the random release that week. Not that anyone could really expect one of those high priced tags, but to see them pop up and sell in minutes to someone at an office makes you wonder why they were not released one or two days earlier.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom