Cheating Dove Hunters

stanley

Very Active Member
This story caught my eye this afternoon. I think the funny thing about the story is that they were doing it in Yuma. Has anyone ever been to Yuma for the dove shoot? If you have to bait them to get your limit, then you've got some serious problems. :) It's THICK with those birds down there!!! LOL...

S.

:)

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0902az-hunting-bait02-ON.html

Hunters cited for baiting doves

Associated Press
Sept. 2, 2004 02:39 PM

YUMA - Seven hunters were warned they could be prosecuted for hunting in a field allegedly baited to attract doves in Gila Valley.

Becky Wright, law enforcement program manager for the Yuma office of the Arizona Game and Fish Department, said authorities were told of possible baiting on Tuesday, the day before hunting season began.

Placing feed to lure birds for hunting is illegal, even if the bait is placed before hunting season begins.

The hunters that received notices will get citations in the mail if prosecutors decide to prosecute, Wright said.

Dove hunting season runs through Sept. 15.

If you have ever been hunting in Yuma then you yourself are guilty of hunting those so called baited birds. But just for the record i dont beleive that 1 person recieved a ticket. The farmers around here have been harvesting there crop just before the season starts for probably like 100 years and yes some of that grain may fall on the ground and Birds may land to eat some of this fallen grain. then a few years back a couple of ya hoos said if a bird lands in 1 of those fields then that is a baited bird that bird could fly for miles lets say all the way to Buckey well if he never stops flying and you shoot him in Buckey then you are in violation because that bird in that flyway is coming from a so called baited field. Anyway that was what they were trying to do and like i said i dont think anyone recieved a ticket.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom