Cheating?

M

monroemtnshedfreak

I am new on the board so here it goes.
How many of you guys actually support what Ryan Hatch has been doing for years? flying over the pauns. to find monster sheds and bucks? I don't feel this is ethnically right. What about you guys?

I would consider an ultra light cheating, seeing I walk 500+ miles a year shed hunting and hunting. He is covering thousands of miles more then I in one of those, that would suck if he lost his GPS. I wouldn't mind one of those skate boards from back to the future, you could clean house on one of those.

I don't see much of a difference between someone flying over the country or plain atv'n it except for the costs involved. I purely walk all of the country I shed hunt whether heavy forest or the prairies. I do say that it upsets me to see many outdoor "enthusiasts" destroying the habitat by means of motorized vehicles. So is it right to fly over the pauns? It definitely is less of a challenge to find those treasures that many of us enjoy finding, but the process of it is undeniably less harsh on habitat(I'm not referring to environment in this context). All in all, if legislation does not provide concrete definitions for the both the retrieval of sheds and spotting of game from the air, I'd give anyone who's doing it some credit for exploitting such a loop hole, no matter what my own personal thoughts are on the matter.

I would agree that letting people fly over the country to hunt is definately much better than letting some dumbass ride his atv out through the brush!

I would say that he has been found guilty of nothing. That said, I will go on to say that the use of airplanes to aid in hunting is illegal and unethical. I once had a guy tell me that he felt that tripod hunting was unethical due to the unfair advantage over the game we seek. Try telling this to any number of eastern hunters and a great deal of hunters period. Some say that rifle hunting is unfair and some even go so far as to say hunting, period is wrong. Somewhere in all that jumbled up mix of emotion is the right answer. Before we point fingers take a deep look at the big picture and you will find that you are neither right nor wrong. I have spoke with Ryan over the phone and find him to be a great guy to chum up with. I dont know what exactly he did or did not do. If I saw him doing it though, I would be the first on the phone to the game and fish dept.
Careful of witch hunts. Think of Kobe Bryant and others who may or may have not fallen prey to these kinds of charges.

Just my very humble opinion

Shedcrazy

Hey monroemtnshedfreak welcom to the board! where do live in so. utah? monroe is a killer mountian, lots of big horns up there! late AQ.

Hey antlerquest, I live in Glenwood, which is right by richfield. Where are you from? I don't hunt sheds up there as much as I used to, due to no time! monroe mountain is an awesome mountain!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-03 AT 03:36PM (MST)[p]Monroe Mountain has been killed by ATV use. Ten years ago the place was amazing. Now I don't know if there is a section of National Forest Land in the country with a higher density of ATV trails, legal or illegal. Its cool to see someone from Sevier or Piute County who doesn't think it is there God given right to drive their Hondamaha 7000 all over the place. Lots of deer, extremely few big deer. If you wanna shoot a forky off your ATV, Monroe is for you. If you wanna run a pretty good elk herd around in circles on your ATV with 1000 other people, Monroe is also for you.

By the way, there are people flying their planes, helicopters and whatever all over Monroe, too.

monroemtnshedfreak, i live down here in St.George. its hotter than hell so i stay away from here as much as possible. i have a good friend who lives in richfeild his name is rocky ross, do you know him? he worked for my dad down here while he was going to school. you need to find some more time so you can find more tine.....later AQ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom