Chevy Vortec

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
A 2000 Chevy 2500 Vortec. It has very low miles. Anyone like this engine ? I grew too tired of 7.3 glowplug, relay, fuel bowl heater b.s.
I may buy this as I don't tow more than 1400 miles a year. I had a 97 Jimmy with the 5.7 and it made it although underpowered.

I have the 2002. With 6.0.

Just hit 189k

Zero issues. In fact other than brakes, bearings. Only issue was A/C compressor died last year. But its double belted so i cut the belt and just dont have AC.

Starting to burn a little oil, and is thirsty. But it starts every morning.
Good truck

It's a Gas Engine Hossy!

It's Thirsty!:D

I have the 2002. With 6.0.

Just hit 189k

Zero issues. In fact other than brakes, bearings. Only issue was A/C compressor died last year. But its double belted so i cut the belt and just dont have AC.

Starting to burn a little oil, and is thirsty. But it starts every morning.
Good truck

It's a Gas Engine Hossy!

It's Thirsty!:D
Its a 366 cu in engine. At least that is what 6 liters equals. 380 ft lb torque and 345 hp.
The 7.3 has 225 hp and 450 ft lb torque so yes I lost 70 ft lb torque. I guess I will find out .
Chevy only has 100 k miles.

I ran a 2003 6.0 for 240k and the only thing ever touched on the engine was exaust manifold bolts. Pretty common issue with that engine I was told by the machine shop that fixed them.
Like was already said, good engine if maintained .I serviced mine every 3k.

Once You've Pulled with a TUNED BELCHER.......................!
Hey Elk I'm trying to deal with the power loss, but that truck had glowplugs 3 times in 25k miles plus the other parts and won't start at 30° like it used to. Im getting ready to retire and see no reason to have payments.

I ran a 2003 6.0 for 240k and the only thing ever touched on the engine was exaust manifold bolts. Pretty common issue with that engine I was told by the machine shop that fixed them.
Like was already said, good engine if maintained .I serviced mine every 3k.
I read that about the bolts and water pump at 150,000. I won't have 150,000 for at least 7 or 8 years unless I retire even earlier.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom