Chicken Fried Elk Loin

Blank

Long Time Member
Meal fit for a king!! Pounded thin, fried quick, and flour and drippings gravy. The tater and green beans was just an excuse to have more gravy. Perfect crust, and still medium rare.

A1E4EC81-3769-45AA-AF20-2B86FBB79F6C_1_201_a.jpeg

3BFEBB78-022E-45C0-B229-5BD069C6CD38_1_201_a.jpeg

DE838B90-4928-4A91-862C-4C1BE6A676E5_1_201_a.jpeg

5A0836CE-4104-4696-86B9-206F515EFC4F_1_201_a.jpeg

Have to disagree there. First, there are NO poor cuts of elk, and when you're the only one in the house to eat it, a big elk goes a looong way. Found that any that I cut into steaks are as good as the next. I do tenderloin, loin, and sirloin steaks. Then everything else is turned into prime burger!!! I like all meats, and can make stews/roasts/kabobs/fajitas out of beef or pork that the girls will eat too!

My bad! I agree there are no bad cuts of elk.
guess everyone has their thing, just not my preference for loin.
Thanks for all your posts

Got another package of round steaks thawing. Rinse, marinate and do something creative!!

Never thought about it, need to do it though. There is no wrong way to cook tenderloin. Well, maybe if you boil it or something...

Falling in love with pounding out nice cuts of venison, then making a wrap with cheese, green chile, asparagus ( dozens of options) . Marinate with a combo of Soy/Worchshire/ garlic power/lemon pepper/ black pepper. 4 hours on the Traeger..its to die for !!!!

That sounds amazing! I'm tasting all that juice running down my fingers right now. Must try.

looks great Blank! thanks for sharing. Im going to try one like that soon. I agree, anything cut into a steak is about as good as any other cut.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom