Chicken Fried Sirloin

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Used up a hunk of our 'on sale for $3.95-lb.' sirloin last night to create chicken fried steak with half-baked potatoes, gravy & kernel corn.

chickensirloin.JPG

chickensirloin2.JPG

Brown gravy on chicken fried steak ?
I take it you are not from the south ?
Looks good but it needs white cream gravy, lol.

Wait, are those bread crumbs too for the breading ?

Brown gravy on chicken fried steak ?
I take it you are not from the south ?
Looks good but it needs white cream gravy, lol.

Wait, are those bread crumbs too for the breading ?
Nope not from the South but I do like gravy on my chicken fried steak whether or not it is white or brown...

Born and raised in the South, and the law of the land (according to my GMa) was au jus on plain beef, red eye on ham, brown gravy on pork, and white gravy on anything fried or breakfast!!!

Well, y'all can take your "laws" and stick 'em where the sun doesn't shine. :ROFLMAO:

The law in my house is simple -- eat what tastes good. To that end for me, that's a BEEF flavored brown gravy on a beef steak.

You guys can eat whatever law pops out of your ....

My, aren't we touchy today!! :) Yes, I also eat some weird combos, because I like them, and they're good!!

Food is supposed to bring us together and in most cases if you break dread with someone that someone usually becomes a friend.
Too much disdain and hate in this ole world enough to last a lifetime.
Taste in food is like your taste in hunting to each his own and whatever tastes good is what you should eat.
Whenever you see my camp you are welcome to stop by and if you are hungry I will feed you..... I usually have enough food for five camps but that is the Italian in me, whenever we look at the table it never seems to be enough.
This is one of the few forums that everyone seems to get along and what state you come from doesn't make a difference.
My two cents but for what it is worth I say eat what makes you happy and please share with us.....

And furthermore, bisquits & gravy suck. Who the hell wants to eat soggy bread. It's like dipping toast in milk.

calvin.gif

And grits are about the consistency of wall-paper paste. I never ate the paste, but I bet it tastes about like grits, as well.

fact.gif

Texaz Grill in Phx has both Chicken Fried Steak & Chicken Fried Chicken on their menu. Both are amazing and both are served with creamy white gravy

Well in the interest of transparency, I've had the steak with white gravy several times in restaurants. At home I just prefer the beefier flavor of the brown stuff I make. Likewise on roast beef, like this ..

hotroastbeef.jpg

Costco sells a concentrated beef bouillon paste in a jar that we started using a few years ago. Same for chicken flavor. I use it in both gravies & soups. The beef is also good to 'beef' up an au jus like I use for prime rib.

At least you like red wine!!!

As for Brussel sprouts, if I had my choice, I'd send them all over to Ethiopia to help out the starving natives. NASTY. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom