Christensen arms HELP

1manshow

Been having a bit of a problem trying to get my gun back from them after sending it to them close to two years ago. It was sent out to have a new stock and scope and load development done... Looking for a personal number of Javalen, Greg or Kade so I can get in touch with them... Christensen Arms business number message inbox is full and will not take any messages when I call... Hope someone can help me out... As you can imagine Iam a bit worried having an $8000 rifle with them and no answers back to email or calls..????1manshow

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-16 AT 03:21PM (MST)[p]Holy snikes! They've had your $8K rifle that long and you call it "a bit of a problem"! I'd be going to their facility and taking care of the matter face to face with someone in authority.

EDIT: I just went onto their website and they have a disclaimer up saying they have a big backlog of emails and to call them if necessary. Hmm!

>Remind me never to buy a
>rifle from them that is
>horrible service

Don't ever deal with Christensen Arms!

Does CA really have that bad of customer service? I have often thought of getting a Ca barrel for another build. I know 99% of the time everything would be great but I'm always concerned with the 1% occasion. I can't spend that amount of $ and have it not work. 8000 dollars and 2 years that's insane.

$8000, 2 years, and lots of worry.......and if you do get it back it will still be a 2 MOA POS.

Well.. I got some good news! Got a reply from Javalan and rifle will be shipped tomorrow??. Lets hope it's shoots??. Kind of strange... If rifle was done
you'd think they would of sent out so they could get paid...

I can't speak for mbogo but I suspect we meant CA (Christiansen Arms, like he said) and not Ca (as in where you live).

Of course it's not strange that someone from Ca (Cali) is on this site. I have several Cali friends who visit here.

Now, let's hope you actually get your rifle in a timely manner!
Zeke

>I can't speak for mbogo but
>I suspect we meant CA
>(Christiansen Arms, like he said)
>and not Ca (as in
>where you live).
>
>Of course it's not strange that
>someone from Ca (Cali) is
>on this site. I have
>several Cali friends who visit
>here.
>
>Now, let's hope you actually get
>your rifle in a timely
>manner!
>Zeke

Thanks Zeke... After rereading it... makes more sense the second time around?.. Iam hoping so.

Let us know how it shoots. I sent my CA custom rifle in multiple times because it wouldn't group. The last time they said it was good to go. 4" group @100 yards and I said to hell with this POS

>
>Let us know how it shoots.
> I sent my CA
>custom rifle in multiple times
>because it wouldn't group.
>The last time they said
>it was good to go.
>
>4" group @100 yards and
>I said to hell with
>this POS

JUDAS booty!

You Spent 6-8K on it & Then Borrowed it to Travis & it's never shot Good Since?

4" @ 100 Yards?

We Got SmokePoles shootin better than that!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

>
>Let us know how it shoots.
> I sent my CA
>custom rifle in multiple times
>because it wouldn't group.
>The last time they said
>it was good to go.
>
>4" group @100 yards and
>I said to hell with
>this POS

4" groups for what they charge people? Good God!

I had a custom rifle made by CA about 7 or 8 years. I didn't like the the stock, so I had them change it for. They were good to work with then. And the rifle shoots great by the way. Just my experience with them.

CA was all hype. Had a cool looking gun, nice show, great marketing team, high dollar rifle. Everyone had to have a CA to be able to go shoot big animals like they did on TV. I wanted one myself, but never did "pull the trigger" on the purchase. John Mogle has since moved on to Fierce firearms. Sweet looking rifle, nice tv show, and they shoot big animals. Not sure about the rifle...

>CA are horrible rifles I've never
>seen one shoot worth a
>damn

That may very well be the case, but saying "Carbon whack 'n Stack" was pretty cool.

If you want a carbon rifle and are spending that kind of money, you owe it to yourself to look at Proof Research. mtmuley

I will say my other CA is a shooter and couldn't be happier with it.... Hoping this one shoots the same.. 1Manshow

>If you want a carbon rifle
>and are spending that kind
>of money, you owe it
>to yourself to look at
>Proof Research. mtmuley

Bingo!
Hands down the way to go/
Zeke

My CA as you all have been calling it will shoot sub MOA all day long. When I bought mine 10 years ago they used either a Remington 700 or Browing A bolt ,they turn down the outside of the barrel and re wrap it with their much stronger carbon fiber. I chose the 700 because it's hard to beat that action. Anyhow my bullet is still traveling down Remington rifling and as far as I know they are still made the same way, so for you silly geese that say you have never seen a CA shoot well what you are saying is you have never seen a Remington or Browning shoot well. THATS A STRETCH! For you guys that cant shoot better than 4 in groups I would suggest trying different ammo, a bullet shot well out of one gun may be ##### out of the next even for barrels coming down the same factory line no 2 are the same. Or maybe try shooting more than a half a box a year actually I bet that's your problem.

Or maybe try
>shooting more than a half
>a box a year actually
>I bet that's your problem.
>

That's hard for some to do when they're told only $50/box ammo or better is capable of killing.

>My CA as you all have
>been calling it will shoot
>sub MOA all day long.
>When I bought mine 10
>years ago they used either
>a Remington 700 or Browing
>A bolt ,they turn down
>the outside of the barrel
>and re wrap it with
>their much stronger carbon fiber.
>I chose the 700 because
>it's hard to beat that
>action. Anyhow my bullet is
>still traveling down Remington rifling
>and as far as I
>know they are still made
>the same way, so for
>you silly geese that say
>you have never seen a
>CA shoot well what you
>are saying is you have
>never seen a Remington or
>Browning shoot well. THATS A
>STRETCH! For you guys that
>cant shoot better than 4
>in groups I would suggest
>trying different ammo, a bullet
>shot well out of one
>gun may be ##### out
>of the next even for
>barrels coming down the same
>factory line no 2 are
>the same. Or maybe try
>a box a year actually
>I bet that's your problem.
>
Sounds like you are making the claim that it is still a Remington or Browning barrel and action and that what CA is doing is not making a difference. If that is the case, then why did you buy the CA and not just get a model 700? I would venture to guess if you are paying that kind of money vs. a Remington you would expect it to be an improvement. Making the claim that it's just like an out of the box Remington or Browning doesn't seem to hold water.

>My CA as you all have
>been calling it will shoot
>sub MOA all day long.
>When I bought mine 10
>years ago they used either
>a Remington 700 or Browing
>A bolt ,they turn down
>the outside of the barrel
>and re wrap it with
>their much stronger carbon fiber.
>I chose the 700 because
>it's hard to beat that
>action. Anyhow my bullet is
>still traveling down Remington rifling
>and as far as I
>know they are still made
>the same way, so for
>you silly geese that say
>you have never seen a
>CA shoot well what you
>are saying is you have
>never seen a Remington or
>Browning shoot well. THATS A
>STRETCH! For you guys that
>cant shoot better than 4
>in groups I would suggest
>trying different ammo, a bullet
>shot well out of one
>gun may be ##### out
>of the next even for
>barrels coming down the same
>factory line no 2 are
>the same. Or maybe try
>a box a year actually
>I bet that's your

Meatbuck,

Great thinking on trying different bullets , loads ect.... I guess trying nosler accubonds, Barnes, Berger, Hornady, and different powders and seating depth wasn't enough???
That gun was a custom POS. Luckily I won the thing. I also had a basic hunter model 300 win and it shot great.

>>My CA as you all have
>>been calling it will shoot
>>sub MOA all day long.
>>When I bought mine 10
>>years ago they used either
>>a Remington 700 or Browing
>>A bolt ,they turn down
>>the outside of the barrel
>>and re wrap it with
>>their much stronger carbon fiber.
>>I chose the 700 because
>>it's hard to beat that
>>action. Anyhow my bullet is
>>still traveling down Remington rifling
>>and as far as I
>>know they are still made
>>the same way, so for
>>you silly geese that say
>>you have never seen a
>>CA shoot well what you
>>are saying is you have
>>never seen a Remington or
>>Browning shoot well. THATS A
>>STRETCH! For you guys that
>>cant shoot better than 4
>>in groups I would suggest
>>trying different ammo, a bullet
>>shot well out of one
>>gun may be ##### out
>>of the next even for
>>barrels coming down the same
>>factory line no 2 are
>>the same. Or maybe try
>>shooting more than a half
>>a box a year actually
>>I bet that's your
>
>
>Meatbuck,
>
> Great thinking on
>trying different bullets , loads
>ect.... I
>guess trying nosler accubonds, Barnes,
>Berger, Hornady, and different powders
>and seating depth wasn't
>enough???
> That gun was
>a custom POS. Luckily
>I won the thing.
>I also had a basic
>hunter model 300 win and
>it shot great.

So booty?

Who'd You PAWN that Gun off on?

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

>
>>So booty?
>>
>>Who'd You PAWN that Gun off
>>on?
>
>Only a sucker would buy it.
> Sold it to Travishunter3006
>;)

That's what I Figured!:D

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

>My savage arms rifle could out
>shoot a ca rifle

I second that!!

MULECREEK yes you are right it is still a model 700 but I said that didn't I. The carbon fiber is much stronger, stiffer and liter than steel, a bull barrel which I got from the Christiansen arms and not the 700 adds a huge amount of rigidity and strength to the barrel which also amounts to more accuracy right? Take a peek at all your long range rifles now days all the custom built long guns have bull barrels for a reason. And I also got a custom stock and trigger for a heck of a deal, they do go for much more now than they did back then though I picked mine up for just over 2000. And to the gentleman ranting about the tikka I agree I just picked one up for my daughter it's her first high powered rifle and I agree they do shoot great!

Yes they are pricey but when your carrying it up and down for a couple weeks its worth every penny. I too have the TI 700 short action and it shoots under 1/2" at 100. Its picky I wont lie, it took about a year to find factory rounds it likes but all good now.

SHOOT! I'm not sure how to post pics, I have a pic of the Remington stamp,model and serial number right there on my beauty so I could prove my story "holds water" but I'm no good at this kind of stuff. HELP!

8 grand for a custom rifle????
Dear Lord!
It better do more than shoot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards....if you know what I mean.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-16 AT 06:21PM (MST)[p]My CA story...bought one at a mule deer foundation auction...i am left handed so they agreed before i bid to make me one with a composite stock.....9 months later with more than a little phone work on mu end they sent me one with a chipped wood stock....2 months later it arrived with a composite stock....shot like [email protected] matter the ammo. Tried almost everything. Took it in to cross canyon arms and had it worked on ....alot of work....$$$ now it is a tack driver. I was not impressed with the product as delivered or the customet service. Shoots like it was promised no help from CA

Meatbuck,

I don't doubt that the action on your CA rifle is a Rem 700. Never have. No need to post a picture.

You said,
"Anyhow my bullet is still traveling down Remington rifling and as far as I know they are still made the same way, so for you silly geese that say you have never seen a CA shoot well what you are saying is you have never seen a Remington or Browning shoot well. THATS A STRETCH!"

You are implying that your rifle is still just the same as a model 700 and to say it doesn't shoot well is to say that model 700's don't shoot well. I am saying that if this is in fact true then why did you bother paying the extra for a CA when you getting the same performance as a regular old model 700? What I am saying doesn't hold water is that if someone says the CA doesn't shoot well they are also saying the model 700 doesn't shoot well. I think it is safe to say that what ever CA does to the rifle to justify spending that kind of money must do something to the performance to make it significantly different than a regular model 700. Whether it is better or worse I have no idea, but it darn well better be much different than a regular old 700 to make people pay that kind of money. If not then people are wasting their money.

As for me I will stick with my factory model 700's. They have hit where I was aiming 100% of the time. The money I save can then be spent on going on adventures in Alaska, Canada and other destinations. I just have to learn to live without having a cool catch phrase to say everytime I kill an animal. What do you think of "Steel smack down"?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom