Christensen arms mesa vs browning x bolt

Lukegarrett2002

I’ve been thinking about getting one of these rifles as a elk hunting rig, just curious as to what you guys thoughts as to what would be a better rifle?
And the reason why these two rifles appeal to me is the chambering options.

My browning xbolt hells canyon speed is a tack driver. Everyone I know has had nothing but good things to say about the Browning xbolts. I have also heard Christensen arms either shoot or they don’t and have heard of lots of people having to send them back due to accuracy problems! May want to research it more? Best of luck.

My browning xbolt hells canyon speed is a tack driver. Everyone I know has had nothing but good things to say about the Browning xbolts. I have also heard Christensen arms either shoot or they don’t and have heard of lots of people having to send them back due to accuracy problems! May want to research it more? Best of luck.
Thanks for the info! I would definitely go with the X bolt if it wasn’t for the very limited aftermarket stock options and necessary trigger replacement, I might just have to try them both out and see what I like.

I own the Browning MLR in 6.5 PRC and that thing is a 1/4 MOA rifle with the two different loads I have worked up. 2 buddies have the same rifle in Creedmore and 7 mag, both are same level of accuracy.

Thanks for the info! I would definitely go with the X bolt if it wasn’t for the very limited aftermarket stock options and necessary trigger replacement, I might just have to try them both out and see what I like.
necessary trigger replacement??

I replaced my trigger spring with a 1 1/2 - 2 pound spring for under $20!! Tikka would be another great option!

I replaced my trigger spring with a 1 1/2 - 2 pound spring for under $20!! Tikka would be another great option!
If that is the case it would be nice but I’ve heard on the newer ones that the replacement spring won’t fit or work.
I’d definitely go with the tikka if they had it in 28 nosler or 280 AI which is what I want the rifle chambered in.

I have an older Browning X Bolt that is not a great shooter. I thought it was just the heavy trigger that wouldn't adjust below 3lbs, but after replacing it, I still can't get it to be less than a 1" MOA rifle.
There is always a risk that an off the shelf rifle of any brand won't measure up to the high standards most of us seem to now demand.

Split the difference and be both money, and time ahead and get a Tikka 7-mag. You won’t have to mess with the trigger like the browning. And you won’t have to repeatedly send it back to the manufacturer the way you will a Christensen.

Split the difference and be both money, and time ahead and get a Tikka 7-mag. You won’t have to mess with the trigger like the browning. And you won’t have to repeatedly send it back to the manufacturer the way you will a Christensen.
Probably I good idea, probably wouldn’t be able to convince my dad to reload for me though, he HATES belted magnum cases.

I have a Mesa in a .300 Win Mag and couldn’t be happier. It flat out shoots.
That’s good to hear. Kinda leaning towards the mesa just because it comes set up like how I’d want it (cerakote/stock) and if I want to swap anything out I’d be easy and cheap since it’s on a rem 700 action.

I have a Christensen 28 noz and love it, easy to shoot and my kids have taken multiple animals and at distance with it, shoots lights out. I have a buddy that has the browning and he likewise loves it as well. It would be nice for you if you could find someone that has these guns and would let you throw some lead.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom