Christensen Arms

bullskin

Very Active Member
I recently purchased a Mesa bolt action simply because I love they way my old Remington 700 bolt slides, and the Christensen Arms seemed the next smoothest thing I could find (short of purchasing a new Remington, which, for now, seems a waste of money). But I am disappointed. I realize now that the fluted bolt tends to stick during cycling, and it is nowhere near as smooth as that 700. I placed my 700 bolt in the Mesa and it seems to cycle much better, but I am hesitant to pop off a round. Are there any here who can speak from experience on this question? If it can be done, then I will replace the original with a 700 bolt and my problem is solved...

Why not call Christensen Arms and have them fix the problem. I bought and broke in two Mesa’s one in 7mm and the other in 6.5 creedmor, I thought they were very nice rifles for the money.

To purchase a headspace go & no go gauge from Brownells will cost you $70.00 plus shipping for both gauges. Might be cheaper to have a gunsmith check the head space as it would only take 1-2 minutes to do the check.

One day your Christensen bolt will be old, then it will be just as smooth as your old Remington bolt. Shoot that baby and get it wore in. I have an older titanium Summit and it's like butter.

My Mesa's bolt was a bit sticky when new as well. I bought the same rifle for my son on his 13th birthday and his action was as smooth as glass out of the box. Mine is improving with time, but there still no comparison between the two.

Are we worried about sticky bolts or how it actually shoots. For me 1/2 MOA gets the nod. I can deal with sticky

***** bolts are NOT interchangeable*******

They MIGHT be but a qualified gunsmith should check how the bolt lugs seat against the action's lug mortise AND check for proper headspace before you pop off a round.

You might create a helluva mess, or worse, if it's not proper. 60,000 psi is nothing to mess around with.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom