Christmas trees

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I told them today this is absolutely my last year. Don't even ask next year. The good news is only 800 trees to deal with this year. They should be gone in about 8-10 days.

P1010292.JPG
P1010291.JPG

Thanks Manny!:D

For the Last 15 Years I Get The Idea That They Are NOT Listening To You!:D

I Still Think it Has Something To Do With The HOTTIE That Likes To Have You Take Her Back In the Tree's!:D

That's true Robb. Many families come back every year. It's an event for them.

One major improvement is we have all electric chainsaws now. No gas to deal with, no pulling on the rope 800 times, and they're quiet. I might come back next year... :unsure:
Go with a cordless chainsaw, Eel. Pretty amazing how well they work and no cord to tangle up with branches or customers feet. You’ll be looking forward to Christmas trees next year.?
I picked up an electric a couple years ago for trees and when I came walking out of the Home Depot with it, I had a guy ask if I had to surrender my man card to buy it. He’s obviously never had a tree lot.

Go with a cordless chainsaw, Eel. Pretty amazing how well they work and no cord to tangle up with branches or customers feet. You’ll be looking forward to Christmas trees next year.?
I picked up an electric a couple years ago for trees and when I came walking out of the Home Depot with it, I had a guy ask if I had to surrender my man card to buy it. He’s obviously never had a tree lot.
Yep. cordless all the way. Stihl chainsaws. I forget the model. Keep the chains sharp.

I Won't Laugh Though!

In 2 Years it'll Be Here!

But I Have Always Wondered How one of Them Cordless Saws Would Handle One Of Them Big ole RedWoods?

I Won't Laugh Though!

In 2 Years it'll Be Here!

But I Have Always Wondered How one of Them Cordless Saws Would Handle One Of Them Big ole RedWoods?
Hundreds of batteries.... :ROFLMAO: I asked a timer faller the other day and he just said F%##@$THAT!

Yep. cordless all the way. Stihl chainsaws. I forget the model. Keep the chains sharp.

I called BS on the cordless chainsaws. Until we were cleaning trails to get up to camp. They seem to cut faster than a gas chainsaw. Dont have to worry about flooding out, gas spilling everywhere and no noise. I have the dewalt and my dad has the milkawauee. Both outstanding

I called BS on the cordless chainsaws. Until we were cleaning trails to get up to camp. They seem to cut faster than a gas chainsaw. Dont have to worry about flooding out, gas spilling everywhere and no noise. I have the dewalt and my dad has the milkawauee. Both outstanding
I watched a PG&E worker use a Makita cordless while they were trimming trees. He really liked it. He said it was good to use at night in residential neighborhoods because it's so quiet.

I watched a PG&E worker use a Makita cordless while they were trimming trees. He really liked it. He said it was good to use at night in residential neighborhoods because it's so quiet.
You can download an app to make the gas powered chainsaw noise @nfh. You will feel more like a man.

I bought an electric one from Harbor Freight for $29 many years ago to cut down a huge orange tree that had died. It has since worked great around the house.

I’m way more serious about Christmas tree hunting than deer hunting :ROFLMAO: But I did see a nice buck today on PUBLIC.?
FC55170A-C548-4030-8584-68DA54CC20BE.jpeg

The only reason we get a Christmas tree is because after we set a bunch of trees out, if one is rejected for a few days, my brother throws it in the back of my truck.

The only reason we get a Christmas tree is because after we set a bunch of trees out, if one is rejected for a few days, my brother throws it in the back of my truck.
Management tree.

My wife makes me kill it AND load it in the truck. This one was shortened TWICE before it got loaded.

When she takes me out in public, I blink wildly hoping someone will figure out I’m a hostage. They just think I’m an old creep.:(

Last edited:
Did You Get The 50 Gallon Tank?
I don’t think she’s that big. It says 735 miles to empty, which is about 400 miles further than my bladder range.

My wifes new f150 has the bigger tank. It says 800 and something to empty. Thats like from here to Eel’s house.

Who’s going to be the first to put a urinal in the cab?

From my sister: “Why do you want to decorate a big tree like that?”

Me: “Not my problem”.

I carry the ladders and boxes. I’m not allowed to think.(y)

View attachment 61718
Yup...... mounted right there between the muley an the sheep. Good job.......blue. Soon as Momma adds a little color to the nose an eyelashes, it’ll be go to go.

I’m trying to decide if RinTinTin is watching the squirrel, that came in with it or if he’s deciding which side to mark a claim to.

Beyond that,”she’s a beauty.......Clark”.

Merry Christmas

Eel

if I had a dollar for every time you say this is the last year I would be rich. I missed the boat and should have started putting the money away now that I am retiring this month I could have used it...LOL

They started out with 3 new battery powered Stihl MSA 140 CB chainsaws. They are now down to 1. Some low life stole two of them. $349 ea.

Eel, that lowlife needs those saws to clear the brush from his next year's marijuana field. He wants to do it quietly so the forest service will not know he is on federal land.
RELH

They started out with 3 new battery powered Stihl MSA 140 CB chainsaws. They are now down to 1. Some low life stole two of them. $349 ea.

Should come in handy for the Mrs around the yard. Did you grab a charger too?

Should come in handy for the Mrs around the yard. Did you grab a charger too?
I'm pretty sold on them. We trimmed over 100 trees before the battery died. I was amazed. I sharpened them up and they cut a lot better. Factory chains aren't sharp.

I'm pretty sold on them. We trimmed over 100 trees before the battery died. I was amazed. I sharpened them up and they cut a lot better. Factory chains aren't sharp.

Can I send you 10? New chain is $16, $10 to sharpen a dull chain.

Had a great Christmas tree hunt on the Kaibab plateau. Can't get a deer permit there. But sure can get a tree tag ! Harvested a nice 14 footer ! Had to trim a little off to get it into the house. Got to love a fresh beautiful Blue Spruce. ! Oh and cut down with a electric chain saw. Stihl 140 ! A great little saw for around the cabin.

It came to an end yesterday. Sold out. 950 trees total. I got the usual free breakfast.

I'm not doing it next year.

You let em slide an extra 150 trees in on ya? Better a been some bloody Mary's included in that breakfast!

You let em slide an extra 150 trees in on ya? Better a been some bloody Mary's included in that breakfast!
Yeah, the owner made a quick trip to Oregon and brought back 150 more..... :mad: . We used to sell about 2200 a year.

It came to an end yesterday. Sold out. 950 trees total. I got the usual free breakfast.

I'm not doing it next year.
Rightttttttt sure your not doing it next year. I wouldn't be surprised if you tried to get me to come up and help....LOL
That would be an experience a scotch drinking tree handler..... of course it is just to stay warm....

Told ya them "cordless" chainsaws were trouble!

Well......... we now know those battery powered Stihls went...... or maybe they better have them check eel’s credit card for any Colorado gas purchases....... noth’n personal, just try’na do my civic duty......

Didn't Eel say that they did run out of trees and they had to find some more to keep the customers happy?
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom